Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LG Smart TV][Developer] Make Spotify accessible on LG Smart TV for blind users.

[LG Smart TV][Developer] Make Spotify accessible on LG Smart TV for blind users.

Good Afternoon,

For your blind and partially sighted Customers, I would appreciate if you could arrange for an access issue with the Spotify app using the 'audio guidance' screen reader on LG Smart Tv's to be resolved.

The latest version of the app is version 2.0.26 (05.07.2022).

Here is some information to facilitate testing.

To enable audio guidance on LG Smart TV's running the WebOs operating system.

If the TV has a magic remote control and is connected to the internet, you can press the microphone button on the remote control and say 'audio guidance on'.

Otherwise, press settings button on remote.
Press down arrow to 'all settings' and press ok.
Press down arrow to 'accessibility' and press ok.
Press ok on 'audio guidance'.
Change audio guidance from off to on by pressing ok.

The LG Smart TV will then speak the menus.

Pressing the 'Home' button on the remote, you can press the right arrow to go through the available apps and select Spotify.
Although the app launches, the screen reader does not however speak the program 'labels' as I navigate using the up, down, left and right arrows on the remote control.

I have the following two tv's.

(Late 2019 Model) 55UM7450PLA WebOS 4.9.5-14.
(Early 2021 Model) 32LM6300

Friends and family with various LG models from 2019 to 2022 are also experiencing the same issue.
The LG audio guidance screen reader works with Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV and Disney.
It does not however work with Spotify.

I would very much appreciate if you could arrange for the app to be updated to work with the 'audio guidance' screen reader.

Many thanks for your help,

Barry.

3 Replies

Hey there @barryodonnell,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome! 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with our service. Accessibility has always been a top priority here at Spotify and we're always looking for ways to improve. That being said, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out and share your thoughts on this with us and we've made the right team aware of this issue.

While our team looks into things further backstage, we'd be more than happy to assist you with any technical issues you may be running into or to answer any questions you may have about the app's new design.

We're standing by.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is there any feedback on Spotify working with accessibility? Today I ran into the same issue with my wife when we were trying to use LG's voice over with Spotify it does not work.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We've been in contact with our tech team and have shared this experience with them. Currently there is no specific timeframe on a fix set, but rest assured we hope to see some changes implemented soon.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts