Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG TV Sort Songs

LG TV Sort Songs

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG TV

My Question or Issue:

First of all, thank you so much for adding the Spotify app back to the LG tvs!! We're very happy about this. 
My question is, is there a way to put the most recently added songs to the beginning of the list on my playlist on here? Right now, we have to scroll to the right until we get to the newest songs. For a playlist with hundreds of songs, this has been quite a daunting task to say the least. I know on the Windows app you can sort your playlist songs by most recent but I can't seem to find this function on the LG. 

Thanks in advance for any support you can offer!

7 Replies

Hey @MusicfyNicole, thanks for writing!

At the moment, the sorting and filtering options in the Spotify app for LG TVs hasn't been implemented quite yet, so the sorting that you see corresponds to the order you've set for that playlist on your PC. However, we appreciate your feedback on this, and we'll make sure that the right team gets it.

Hope you have an amazing day 🙂

Thanks for your reply! Does that mean if I reverse the order on my PC, it should reflect that on the tv? That would actually fix my issue as right now all the newest songs are all the way on the other end of the list and it takes a long time to scroll to it. If I reverse the list to show oldest first on my PC, it should actually show me newest first on my tv. I say this because I have it set to show newest first on my PC but I believe when it loads on the tv it reverses it. I'll try that out to see if it works. 

Also, thanks for forwarding my idea of having a sorting function for the tv. I hope your product team is able to implement that one day. 

Hey @MusicfyNicole.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Simply changing the playlist order by clicking the calendar icon on desktop won't impact the order on the TV app.

In this case, you'll need to manually bring the newest songs up to the beggining of the playlist using the desktop app and this change will be reflected on the TV.

Since the playlist is quite large with hundreds of songs, this wouldn't be an easy task, so the other way around it is to use Spotify Connect to control the app using a different device (desktop or mobile). This way, you can sort the playlist on a device to play on the TV.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hello @JulianA_Bogota,
It's now three years later, and I cannot sort my Spotify playlist on my LG OLED TV. This is really frustrating and makes the Spotify TV app virtually useless for me. I have hundreds of songs in one of my playlists, and there is no way to quickly get to the most recent songs that I added to this playlist.
Q: Please can you update us what the status is for implementing a simple 'reverse sort order' button at the top of the column of songs on the Spotify LG TV app? (and maybe a filter -- eg by Date added; Alphabetical order; by Artist etc.)
Most grateful indeed for your feedback!
Regards,
Martin,
Blagnac, France.

Hey there @Mart_320nm,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

We understand the frustration. We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

There's an idea - [All Platforms][Playlists] Sorting Songs on TV App. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great continued weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Please add an option for sorting songs in playlists for the TV App (Android TV, LG TV etc.). It's really frustrating to scroll down to the recently added songs everytime.

Hey Spotify, can you fix this?! The app is useless on tv…… I want to hear my newest songs!! 

Suggested posts