Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG TV Spotify App is 2 channel Stereo only while XBOX app Multi Channel 5.1 surround

LG TV Spotify App is 2 channel Stereo only while XBOX app Multi Channel 5.1 surround

HI there

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

LG WEBOSTV 49SJ80

Operating System

TV SOFTWARE VERSION 05.80.25 ' AUTOMATIC UPDATES ONSound out on VSX923 with XBOX APP on LG TV ARC HDMISound out on VSX923 with XBOX APP on LG TV ARC HDMIPLAYING VIA XBOXPLAYING VIA XBOXSound out on VSX923 via LG TV SPOTIFY APPSound out on VSX923 via LG TV SPOTIFY APPPlaying VIA LG TV Spotify APPPlaying VIA LG TV Spotify APP 

My Question or Issue

Hi,

i am expreiencing a problem here

The spotify app for my LG TV is sending an output sound [stereo 2 channel only] to my VSX-923 Reciever connected via ARC HDMI'  the sound is not so great, attached pictures, the output on my Pionner VSX 923 AVR is showing only two channels, the sound experience is really not that good compared to my XBOX spotify app which give 5.1 output digital output and is stunning.

however i cant keep my xbox always on just for spotify.

is there a fix or an update for this please? i am guessing the problem is with the LG store spotify app. hence Netflix app on LG TV is working fine with a digital 5.1 channel output.

the app on my LG webos TV is 
Updated:: 15/03/2019 
Version:: 2.0.12

LG WebOSTV
49SJ80
Spotify team Can you please update the TV app so it support 5.2 and 7.2 channels

i would reallly appreciate that. This is a problem.

Thanks

4 Replies

Hey,

From all TV and Game Console Spotify integrations only Xbox One have 5.1 sound. 

Many AVRs has an option to upmix stereo to 5.1, have you tried exploring that possibility?

//S

hello

thank you for your reply

l understand what you are saying, i was actually asking spotify to upgrade their app for TV to a 5.2 or 7.2 surround comptable. since we are premium members. i am also paying for netflix and almost all of their apps on my TV and xbox have 5.1 sourround. 

about your other question i dont know how to upmix it to 5.1

i have pioneer VSX 923 AV reciever. i tried everyway possible thou. but it doesnt give me that surround sound i am looking for.

i hope it is fixed,

thank you for your reply 

That’s good because Spotify is only Stereo. It should be only stereo. Your TV and or receiver is up mixing a 2ch output from Spotify to a “Fake” DD output. 

I am having the opposite problem. I want my tv to output 2ch audio via ARC without having to change the receiver EVERY TIME. 

To Houndz805: 

I have the same problem, have you found a solution?

I recently bought a LG C9, compared to my C7 and when I tried solving this just weeks ago I now have stereo via the Youtube app on my LG if I have have "passthrough" in my settings. But with the Spotify app I still get DD on my Marantz receiver connected via HDMI ARC. Who wants surround sound on music??!! (If it is not mixed in surround of course)...

Suggested posts