Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG TV with WebOS 2.0

LG TV with WebOS 2.0

Hello!

We just bought a 2015-model LG TV with WebOS 2.0 because it says here (https://support.spotify.com/nl/learn-more/faq/#!/article/LG/) that Spotify and LG TV's are a dream combination. The music quality is good, BUT i was really sad to see that the newest LG TV has a VERY subpar Spotify app.

• No Spotify Connect
  • No way to browse my saved Albums (it only shows Playlists, and saved Albums aren't Playlists)
  • No way to save an Album
  • No way to create a new Playlist
  • Basically you can only add individual tracks to existing playlists
  • Horrifyingly ugly and un-useful Now Playing view.

I really hope the WebOS 2.0 app gets an update soon, because what i'm seeing right now certainly doesn't make me feel i'm using a 2015 TV with a 2015 Music service. In fact it looks like something that was made in Frontpage in 2002 🙂

I recommended this TV to my parents because they just subscribed to Spotify Premium, but now i actually feel ashamed they bought it and are stuck with a really sad-looking and functioning Spotify app 😞

24 Replies

Similar opinion here, however I'm having annoying sound problems: several times during any song there are small parts of the music skipped, so you feel that the rithm has been altered. WTF!

@tuk2008 wrote:

Hello!

We just bought a 2015-model LG TV with WebOS 2.0 because it says here (https://support.spotify.com/nl/learn-more/faq/#!/article/LG/) that Spotify and LG TV's are a dream combination. The music quality is good, BUT i was really sad to see that the newest LG TV has a VERY subpar Spotify app.

• No Spotify Connect
  • No way to browse my saved Albums (it only shows Playlists, and saved Albums aren't Playlists)

I really hope the WebOS 2.0 gets an update soon, because what i'm seeing right now certainly doesn't make me feel i'm using a 2015 TV with a 2015 Music service. In fact it looks like something that was made in Frontpage in 2002 🙂

I recommended this TV to my parents because they just subscribed to Spotify Premium, but now i actually feel ashamed they bought it and are stuck with a really sad-looking and functioning Spotify app 😞

@tuk2008 wrote:

Hello!

• No Spotify Connect

I really hope the WebOS 2.0 gets an update soon, because what i'm seeing right now certainly doesn't make me feel i'm using a 2015 TV with a 2015 Music service. In fact it looks like something that was made in Frontpage in 2002 🙂

Really sad, it's a shame.

I've managed to install the app, but it doesn't seem to play any of my songs. Nothing happens when I click on one. Does the appa actually play things, or is it just for viewing your library?

Same opinion here too... =/ It's a shame for LG Smart TVs and to Spotify that. Plus to everything that you say, have that I cannot connect my cellphone to the TVs and control the songs with it. It's a shame! I can do that easily on Google Chromecast and I can't in my super TV? Shame, shame, shame! Hope that someone from Spotify read that and solve this problem soon.

I'm afraid Spotify doesn't listen to their customers any longer. I've lost hope with them and i'm afraid we'll just have to deal with whatever sorrow state Spotify on WebOS is right now.

Ah well, there's worse things than that 🙂

Very disappointed - just got a new LG Webos 3.0 smart tv - no spotify at all. Despite the instructions at: https://support.spotify.com/nz/using_spotify/play_on_stereo_tv_car/lg/ there is not spotify app available to install, and going to LG's online store says the app is not compatible. Is this because its webos 3.0? Not happy at all. 

**bleep**? I just downloaded this app in my $6000 tv and this is the terrible app I get?

1. Can't view My Music at all! No by song, album or by artist availability? I spent a lot of time creating a library as a premium member and I can't see it or listen to it?

2. Can't browse! I love that feature on my phone app. I listen to all kinds of random things there and find new music.

3. No radio option! Seriously why am I paying for this service anymore?

4. No suggested music based on saved music.

5. No Just for You

6. No Genres?

Pathetic, just pathetic. I should be able to access everything I can access on my phone. Heck I should be able to select things on my phone and have it played through the tv which is connected to my sound system.

And this site bleeps w t f?

The same with my lg webos tv, only I can see my songs in playlist but Don't Let me Play the songs :L

I tried to open Spotify last night on my LG 4K Smart TV and was directed to update the app which had (up to now) been running my free trial.

The updated app then opened only to refuse to let me log in, saying that only Premium accounts could use the app!

Whaaaat?!?

This is really insane .. It is possible to play from everywhere but on TV i need premium ??? 
Is it because of country or eveywhere like that ? Or depends on account ?
It is really annoying 

LG should also do sth about it because they are selling the tv "with Spotify" .. they should add some warning on the box like "only premium users"

It is just like Netflix, it is a paid service with some freebies in some
cases, but not here. Anyway you're better off with Youtube or stream from
another device.

It is just like Netflix, it is a paid service with some freebies in some
cases, but not here. Anyway you're better off with Youtube or stream from
another device.

Except when you pay for Netflix it works with full functionality other than web OS doesn't allow you to even view what quality Netflix is streaming in. I am a Spotify premium member and I pay nearly as much monthly as I do for Netflix with 4K and I still cannot listen to anything but individual songs and premise playlists. If you are not a premium member and have years invested in creating a portfolio of music walk away and consider yourself lucky. I hate the thought of starting over with another service but I may need to. I was hoping my Xbox one s would have a usable app but alas, no spotify. Basically I can only listen to it on my phone in any useable way. Spotify needs to hire some random 13 year old to develop a new app. The app is not only not functional, it looks like an 8 bit video game. No way should a top of the line OLED tv have a subpar app. No way should I be paying for a premium service to get the best quality streaming when I can only really enjoy it with a set of headphones. There is plenty of competition out there and Spotify does not seem to care about the customer.

Spotify should really pay attention to some easy improvements to make
customers happy, but it is now clear to me that it will not happen. I don't
know why, but they don't seem to care... for me it is just a matter of
taking the decision to leave now.

Spotify should really pay attention to some easy improvements to make
customers happy, but it is now clear to me that it will not happen. I don't
know why, but they don't seem to care... for me it is just a matter of
taking the decision to leave now.

Until now nothing of updates in Spotify app to smarts tvs LG... Shame!

PLEASE update! its the most out of date app

The app is getting more and more useless. You can't create your own playlists, you can't browse genres, play radios or public playlists and now you can't even listen to your "discover weekly". So tell me, are you going to update this crappy piece of code or you're gonna leave it that way?

Suggested posts