Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG CX

Operating System

LG WebOS

My Question or Issue

My LG CX TV is connected to my stereo via optical out. If I play Spotify through my TV using the app on my Chromecast, it works fine. If I play Spotify through my TV using the LG app running directly on the TV OS, I don’t get music. Instead a broken, glitchy digital sounding noise blasts out the speakers at high volume. Does anyone else have this issue? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thank you for the help! Happy to report this is resolved - I checked the TV audio out settings and changed the format from "Auto" to "PCM" and things sound like music now!

If only Spotify would make an OLED-friendly TV app, I'd be 100% satisfied...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @adrianhatch,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Could you try uninstalling the TV Spotify app > disconnecting the TV from power for a couple of minutes > installing the app again?

If that doesn't make any difference, try restarting your router to see if that helps.

If the issue persists, could you try playing the audio from the TV's speakers instead of your stereo to see if that works properly? This would help us narrow down what might be causing it.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

Thank you for the help! Happy to report this is resolved - I checked the TV audio out settings and changed the format from "Auto" to "PCM" and things sound like music now!

If only Spotify would make an OLED-friendly TV app, I'd be 100% satisfied...

Hey @adrianhatch,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app and TV firmware updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts