Premium

Country

Australia

Device

LG webOS TV NANO80TNA

Operating System

webOS TV version 5.2.1-2521

My Question or Issue

LG tv will not play any music on spotify app.

Got the tv a few weeks ago, didn't have any trouble to begin with. Turned tv on one day, started up spotify, navigated to one of my playlists, hit the big play button and nothing happened.

App is up to date according to tv app store.

Tried selecting a specific song, nothing.

Tried a different playlist and then albums, all would not work.

Reinstalled the app and it would work for a while then would happen again and again.

Tried using the spotify app on my iphone and playing through tv but cannot connect to the tv.

Tried resetting internet connection, no change but can still play netflix and other internet required content.

Factory reset tv, reinstalled the app, now cannot start songs even with a reinstall of the app.

• TV
1 Reply

Hey @Meepsy,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Kudos for the extensive troubleshooting you've done so far! The fact that a reinstall temporarily resolves the issue indicates that something is interfering with the integrity of the app files. That this persists after a factory reset of the TV leads us to believe it's caused either by a factory setting or a preinstalled app. We would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer for more info on what may be causing this behavior.

One more thing that can be useful to check out is whether or not there is available free storage on your device. If it's limited  it's possible that other apps overwrite the Spotify files and cause the app to malfunction in the way you're describing. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts