Land Rover In Control App

Solved!

Land Rover In Control App

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

Has Spotify been dropped from Land Rover's In Control app?

If so, why?

I found this message within the LR app.  "The Spotify application will be withdrawn from InControl Apps on September 30th 2019.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Seriously?  I can't play Spotify through my $80,000 car's audio system??

35 Replies

I have a 2018 Disco Sport HSE Lux with the standard Meridion system with the physical buttons on the side.

Bad news.  My version of the entertainment system is not upgradable.  I have the stock system from a 2018 Disco Sport HSE Lux (the one with the buttons on the sides).  The version that has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto currently only works with the higher end entertainment system (the one with the wide screen and no buttons).   I was told that there may be something in development, but for now, I am out of luck.  Bummer.

I am lucky that I can use Car Play to connect with my Spotify app. on my iPhone.

would be great to see it brought back to connect via my in control system though.

I had an entertainment system upgrade last week on my 2017 Discovery and it works brilliantly. It has CarPlay and Android Auto (which I assume works just as easily). You plug in the phone, just like with Incontrol and it opens, no need to keep phone unlocked, Spotify works every time! Loads of other apps on my phone work as well, Music, Tunein radio, Amazon music, BBCSounds, podcast apps, Audible, Google maps works as an alternative SatNav, and Siri reads WhatsApp and Messages and lets you dictate a reply. You still have Incontrol if you want it, but the only things that has were Accuweather and Newsbeat ( and CNN).

If your car supports it, get it done!

Do you have incontrol pro? It was under my understanding that if normal incontrol is fitted it cannot be upgraded?

I have a 2018 XJ and was upset when I noticed Spotify was gone. I want it back

It seems that if you have the right system - it probably needs Incontrol Pro. The system is upgradable to Apple CarPlay (and Android Auto). It worked a treat for me, my dealer did it free, on a 2017 New Discovery.

Thanks. I believe I do have the In Control Pro....trying to find that now. If the pro version has no buttons and is all touch screen then that's what I have. Somewhere I remember seeing my subscriptions to In Control was valid for 3 years and expired in 2021 but now I don't remember where I saw that. 

There's also 4 more apps that were removed but I don't remember what they were. They were on the second screen in the Infortainemnt centre. 

In any event, I'm contacting my dealer tomorrow. Thansk for the help!

I have HSE luxury 2017 disco 5

Did you manage to get apple CarPlay or Spotify or even iPhone to connect to infotainment / InControl apps ?

I’m struggling with no help from dealer during lockdown :/(

Hi, you need the Incontrol pro head unit - the one with no actual buttons, then ask the dealer to install the system 4 upgrade - changes the old style 2x2 button format to 1x3 areas as per brand new cars - you should be able to plug your iPhone or Android phone in and it boot into CarPlay etc

Hi there.
No problems connecting with my iPhone XR on either CarPlay or Spotify in my XJ L.
Don’t use the other apps to be honest, but you would expect more from Jag/Landrover than to not broadcast a solution.
Good luck with getting a resolution.

Thanks for reply

I cannot connect iPhone via USB port, maybe it’s the cable but each time when I open InControl it says cannot connect phone

Also, I found instructions for ‘pair’ phone with Apple CarPlay, by opening CarPlay on phone, going to car and holding voice call button on steering wheel. But nothing happened. Presume some kind of software not installed initially for previous owner ?

May have to call JLR in morning to get some further guidance and request ‘phase4’ upgrade ?

Thanks

I found some cables do not work for iPhones. The official ones seem to
work fine. Try a different cable for direct link.

I gave up. The local dealer tried a software update. But my head unit
would not accept the update for CarPlay and Auto. As others have
mentioned, if you have buttons on the side, it is not upgradable.

Since then, I have sold the car and ordered another brand that comes
with CarPlay and Auto more native.

Hi, thanks

I’ve just got my 2017 LR disco 5 after having disco 2 and disco 3’s, so all this is new to me

My infotainment head unit is all touch screen no buttons so fingers crossed it can be upgraded or I’ve done something wrong and it already is all set up but I’m not connecting correctly to either InControl pro or CarPlay

For all the people that are struggling there are a few options with aftermarket hardware that can make it support android auto. I've ordered One from unique auto developments and they have an almost full plug and play method (with extra hardware) to enable all of this. Worth a look. 

Suggested posts