Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last.fm stopped scrobbling

Last.fm stopped scrobbling

Hello,

so for the past few weeks Last.fm would stop scrobbling for no reason. No problem, I'd just connect last.fm to spotify and it'd work again. Few days later it'd repeat. Didn't see much problem in it as I could easily add the missed track or two manually.

Today it happened again. But this time, nothing could fix it for some reason. I disconnected last.fm account from Spotify, connected again, changed my password, tried to link accounts directly from Spotify itself, downloaded the official last.fm app, switched devices (from iPad to Android phone)... nothing worked!

What should I do? 

1 Reply

Hey @Confusedbean666

I'm also figuring out how to get it to scrobble - none of my 3 hour listening got scrobbled.
Now, after connecting my last.fm in Spotify preferences and disconnecting the app in last.fm applications it seems to work for now. Even scrobbled the local file for the very first time!

For me it seems there is something wrong with the Spotify Scrobbler app (one at Last.fm settings). When I checked with Windows Phone Spotify, that scrobbled and it doesn't use that app (it's connected through Spotify settings).

Usually these scrobbling outages should resolve on its own in a few hours or so. Currently there are no known issues reported as well - last.fm has a status page.

Hope this helps! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts