Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked Songs playlist will not load on Android Auto

Liked Songs playlist will not load on Android Auto

Plan

Premium

Country

U.K.

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

When using the Spotify app on Android Auto in my car (2020 VW Golf) everything works as it should, other than my Liked Songs playlist; when clicking on the playlist, it will perpetually try to load the songs to no end. It means I can't play that playlist at all, whereas, every other playlist is fine. 

8 Replies

Hey there @Pokezeldafun,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

As a first step, could you try disconnecting your phone from Android Auto, logging out from your account, restarting your phone, logging back in and connecting it again?

If that doesn't make any difference, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, make sure that your car's infotainment system is up to date and that there aren't any battery optimization settings enabled on your phone.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the exact same issue as the original poster on my Sony XAV AX3000 head unit running Android auto. Reinstalling the app, clearing the app data and clearing the cache does nothing to fix it. All my other playlists load fine.

Hey @davidc95,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Could you try with another device? That way we can see if it's a device-related issue.

It's important to make sure that the app version and the firmware are up-to-date.

You can also send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue with me. Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018). Android Auto in a 2018 VW Golf.

The issues obvious. In the past, prior to this issue, when you selected your 'liked songs' it would immediately start playing a song.

Now it is trying to load up my entire catalog of 800 liked songs so I can select a song to play... My other playlists load just fine, but they're only around 50 songs.

Revert back to automatically play a song when clicking on the playlist from inside android auto.

Hey @Methanoxide

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind letting us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello,

I have tried clearing all the app data and the app cache. This has not
fixed the problem.

Hey @davidc95

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if you were able to test this using a different device?

As @Ver mentioned, it would also be helpful if you could include a screenshot of what you're seeing so we can investigate. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Novy,

I will do this for you later today.

David

Suggested posts