Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Link of my playlist shows wrong image, title and info when posting on facebook

Link of my playlist shows wrong image, title and info when posting on facebook

Hello,

When i copy my playlist link and post it on facebook, it shows a blank image and a false title in the description of the playlist.

Link to my playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/user/djorphannl/playlist/6P3WMx5lBSYWrZxR7rMo4W?si=uk6mLkmtQ7SI6u0R-4xnDg

(funny thing now is that it shows the right image, title and descroption here but the problem still occurs when posting it on facebook...)

Hope someone can help me out 🙂

screenshot fb post.PNG
7 Replies

Hey @djorphannl,

Thanks for raising this issue with us. We see what you mean 🙂

Have you tried renaming the playlist to something else and changing to another picture to see if it works? If that doesn't work, we recommend you create a new playlist, and copy everything from the old to the new one, and then try again.

Let us know how it goes! If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Take care,

P

Hi Peter,

Thanks but sadly this doesn't work... In another topic i saw that the solution was to refresh the playlist backstage:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/link-of-copied-playlist-has-the-wrong-image/idi-p/19...

Is it possible for you to try this for me as well?

Hey there @djorphannl,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this.

First, since this occurs only on Facebook, could you try sharing the same link in an incognito or private window in your browser and see if that helps?

If it does, you'll need to clear the cache and cookies memory of your browser.

It's also worth a try making sure that your browser is on the latest version. If not, make sure to update it.

Further, if after these steps your playlist still shows up the same on Facebook, let us know if it persists in a different browser/device.

We'll be keeping an eye for your reply.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina,

Thanks for your message.

This issue is happening on all devices i use (pc, tablet, smartphones) to post the playlist link with on Facebook. All of the browsers are up to date and clean from cookies and a cleared chache.

Before, i never had this problem..

Strange thing indeed is that it only occurs on facebook, when i post it on twitter it shows the correct information. This is really frustrating.

Hey @djorphannl.

Thanks for your patience.

A user started this topic a few days ago. Could you try if this helps?

Let us know so we can help other users in the future 🙂

Have a nice day!

Hi Guido,

Thanks but I already tried this and it still doesn't work 😞

My  FB artist page keeps showing the wrong title and picture...

Suggested posts