Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files not playing on PS4 PRO

Local files not playing on PS4 PRO

Is it possible for  local files to be playable through PlayStation. This idea seems to never gain a ton of "kudos" so I am hoping this one can be looked over again to possibly implement in the future. As a Spotify premium user, I would hope the option to listen to music I have downloaded previously would be available in all platforms, not just for Mobile and PC/laptops. 

THIS was asked before in 2018 and 2019 and still has not been implemented or addressed. Why doesn’t Spotify allow the local file to be played on the iPhone but that same file (while appearing on the PlayStation) does not play when clicked. Also when successfully playing the local file on the iPhone, when attempting to switch to the PlayStation 4 Pro it says “Can’t play this song right now” but only for the local file in the playlist. 

I have a MacBook Air with Spotify Desktop App, and iPhone X and a PS4 PRO.

1 Reply

Hey there @ShaunB22,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

There's currently not possible to play your local files on a PS4.

When you control another device using connect, the music is not streamed from the device you are using as the control. Since streaming isn't involved, your PS4 doesn't have access to the local files on another device which is the reason you can't play them.

However - if you think your suggestion will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

We hope this information was helpful. If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts