Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files refuse to update on my nokia

Local files refuse to update on my nokia

I have been useing spotify for quite some time now and use it very much on my phone when driving at work and so on.

I really find good use in the syncing of songs offline in the program and useing that very much, which makes me less likely wanna try and reinstall the program to fix this issue if it could be prevented. Hope you understand.

Anyways the problem is that I deleted pretty much every song I had on the phone, and got some fancy songs that spotify doesnt deliver which I want onto the local files in my spotify, however it shows ALL the old songs I had on the phone and not the new one(s) this has been a problem for a few months now and it's first now that it really starts to annoy me.

How can I force the thing to update my local files? (Restarting does not help)

I am useing spotify on a Nokia N8.

6 Replies

Hey there @Fientelo, welcome to the community!

To sync new local files and delete the old ones from playlists, you'll have to do that on the desktop client.  Once you have the desktop client connect the computer and mobile device to the same WiFi and you'll be able to sync local files.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Everything sounds good, but if you mean sync it from the computer to the phone then I got problems again:

"Music from your computer that you can sync to your ipod, iphone or android"

What about symbian? If I click on the sync word, it only gives me options to ipod or android & iphone?

Ooh Symbian... @Peter__ ?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Local file syncing is only supported on iOS and android I'm afraid to say.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thats not very good... Is is going to get fixxed or? Cause if so then I dont see much point in premium if theres a feature not made for my phone. 😕

Unfortunately not, the Symbian app is now legacy meaning it won't receive any more updates.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts