Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local songs on iPhone won't play on the WIFI speaker using Spotify Connect.

Solved!

Local songs on iPhone won't play on the WIFI speaker using Spotify Connect.

[BB] Song not playing

The problem simply put:
Local files synced from the computer over to my iphone won't play while using the Panasonic SC-ALL3 WIFI speaker as the speaker source on Spotify Connect.

Description:

I have a Panasonic SC-ALL3 WIFI speaker connected to my WIFI at home. I usually use my iPhone and play the songs on the speaker through spotify.

I can normally play all the songs on Spotify and listen from the WIFI speaker. However, when I try to listen to a local file that I have synced from the computer to my phone, it doesn't play.

The local song that I synced to my iphone from the computer plays perfectly when I play it on my iphone with either headplugs or the speaker on my phone. But, as soon as I switch over to play from the WIFI speaker, the local song simply won't play and it "greys out" on Spotify on my iphone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry, but Spotify Connect doesn't support local files.

When you use Spotify Connect on a compatible speaker, it streams the music directly from the Spotify server. Your local files are not stored on Spotify's server so it is not possible.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Sorry, but Spotify Connect doesn't support local files.

When you use Spotify Connect on a compatible speaker, it streams the music directly from the Spotify server. Your local files are not stored on Spotify's server so it is not possible.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there.

To stream all sort of local files, please use Computer with app that support this, like iTunes or Windows Media Player.

Happy streaming!

Suggested posts