Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging Problem with squeezebox after switching to premium

Solved!

Logging Problem with squeezebox after switching to premium

I sucessfully tested the spotify free account for the free 48 hours test period with my squeezebox Touch and Radio devices. After that I switched to the 30 days Test premium membership, entered sucessfully my payment and got the Mail confirming that i have a premium membership now. But the squeezebox devices won't connect anymore giving the error message "User name or password invalid". I have requested to set the password for the device code again, but no sucess. I think it is a Problem with the spotify Servers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved the problem by disabling the synchronization of the squeezebox devices. Then everything worked fine. I could then enable the syncing again with success, so it seemed to be a problem of the client side software of the Logitech devices.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

A quick google search through up a few things that might be worth a try:

1. http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeezebox-Players/Spotify-quot-invalid-username-or-password-quot-when...

2. http://forums.logitech.com/t5/MySqueezebox-com-Squeezebox/Problem-connecting-to-Spotify/td-p/566440

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hey Bodan2, welcome to the Community.

I'm not aware of any problem with the servers at the moment that could affect this. It is strange that it would stop working if it was ok before. You're definitely signing in with the right details? I'll have a look around and see what I can dig up.

I've also deleted the duplicate thread you posted on this. Please try to avoid double posting when possible.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I am sorry for the double posting, after pressing the post button once there was no change in the page so it seemed to me it had not been sent at all. So I pressed the post button again. I have rentered the user name code and the password several times on both devices, but it did not help. When testing the the 48 hours period it got it working at once. What should I do now to get it working? Should I post my user name code here?
Marked as solution

I solved the problem by disabling the synchronization of the squeezebox devices. Then everything worked fine. I could then enable the syncing again with success, so it seemed to be a problem of the client side software of the Logitech devices.

Great, thanks for letting us know how you sorted this out. Happy listening.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Ho do I disable the synchronization of the squeezebox devices?  

You disable it in the same menu as you configured the synchronisation: in one of the squeeze boxes you select "settings", then "synchronize", and then "no sync".

Thanks, I found settings on the squeezebox but nothing pertaining to sycronization.  it gives me options like alarm, shuffle, display in settings.  Am i in the right place?  If so, i dont see sycronization

Synchronization is an option that allows to sychronize 2 squeezebox devices to play the same music. This option is probably only available when there are at least 2 squeezebox devices connected to the same server. If you do not find it in the settings yout either have only one device in the net or your device does not support it.

hi, this thread seems like the place to extend the squeezbox related discussion; I apologize if not.

I cannot log in to the spotify app on the squeezebox.  I am a recent (premium) customer to spotify, and got a squeezebox touch which has the spotify app.  I was forced to create my spotify account via facebook, and some random number was generated and is reflected as my username in my spotify profile.  However, when I try to log into spotify through the squeezebox touch, it rejects both my facebook username/pwd combo & the random# spotify username / facebook pwd combo.  Not sure what else to try. Thanks for any guidance.

ray

Marked as solution

yes, it helped.  thanks.  Needed to get a device username sent to me, then had to follow a link to establish a password, and then those 2 data points did the trick.  

have exact same problem. did you find fix??

I am having the same problem. Unable to use my Squeezebox Touch with Spotify. Reset password numerous times with same results. When asked for username and password it will not accept it and shows as invalid.

I have tried everything I have seen here with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Have you retrieved your device password from here

You will also need a Spotify username if you created your account using Facebook, it should be in your online profile as a string of numbers.

Peter

Peter

Thanks, yes tried this but still won't accept my username & password.

Bob

Marked as solution

A quick google search through up a few things that might be worth a try:

1. http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeezebox-Players/Spotify-quot-invalid-username-or-password-quot-when...

2. http://forums.logitech.com/t5/MySqueezebox-com-Squeezebox/Problem-connecting-to-Spotify/td-p/566440

Peter

Peter

Tried un-syncing and re-synced  and didn't help. Tried going to Plug-ins on the Squeezebox Server and tried resetting passwords but no improvement. Unlike some previous posts here I have not had this work at all on my SqueezboxTouch as of yet. I am running Windows 8, could that be the problem?

Thank you Peter in attempting to help me.

Bob

I am now up and running!! Would not let me reset password so I logged out of Facebook, then it let me reset password and I was able to login to Spotify on my Squeezebox and it is now working great! I tried doing all the things you sent me on the links, and that combined with resetting the password worked.

Thank you Peter is taking the time to help me.

Bob

Glad I could help 🙂

Happy Listening.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts