Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login issue with onkyo

Login issue with onkyo

I just bought an onkyo tx-nr609. I tried to use my device login and password and it will not work. I verified I have internet connectivity on the onkyo. The device is using a cat5 LAN connection, not wireless. My iPad and iPhone devices work just fine with the same credentials on the same network. Error message says to contact spotty. I have a premium account. Any help is greatly appreciated!
12 Replies

did you ever get a solution...i have same problem...thanks

New to message boards.  Been trying for a year and have not been able to log on.  I have premium subscription so I use my computer.  Fidelity is the problem.  The other problem I see is not being abloe to use a keyboard or mouse.  Otherwise, I love my 609

I too cant login with my facebook login details.

No, Never received an answer to my question.  I haven't pursued because I can log in through my computer and my tv and entertainment system but the sound quality is not as good.

I am a premium user and I have a regular (not facebook) account yet I have the same problem, please an answer to this, we want our Onkyo to connect directly to spotify.

Not sure if it helps but I'm in Mexico. Where is the Onkyo trying to connect to verify the password? It doesn't seem to see our account.

@Lhun - Since Mexico is a fairly new market, it is possible it hasn't been made available in Onkyo. 

I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and see if there is anything they suggest.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same issue, I used to be able to log in until I started (forced!) to use Facebook to login, now obviously my Amp has no ability to logon to Facebook.

did you solve your problem? I´m in Mexico too and my onkyo nr-609 with my premium account worked perfeclty till last weekend, yesterday i tried to use the spotify again and my account was conected but everything I tried to listen it did´t showed up.I reseted my account and pass word and it did not worked out either. any sugestions on how to solve this?? thanks is advance for your quick response

Hello,

I had to disconnect my account with Facebook, there is a option for it in the settings on the PC/Mac client to 'Disconnect' from Facebook.

This then returns your account to just needing a username and password.

Also, I found for some reason recently my Onkyo amp didn't work great with a DCHP assigned IP address and DNS server address, so I added a manual one and set the DNS server address manually, this made things work fine for me.

Hope this is of some help.

Oh also found a cracked third party remote for iPad and iPhone on the iTunes store oRemote, works much better than the Onkyo one if you use your phone and ipad a lot for control.

Good luck

Lee

There are lots of posts in the forums about issues with Spotify log in via an Onkyo receiver.   There are some complicated workarounds that some people go to work like messing with your network settings.  In my opinion its not worth the headache.  It seems crazy to login to Spotify via the HDMI / TV / black and white menu on the Onkyo receiver.  Using the Onkyo Android app to run Spotify also seems silly to me.  Instead, I decided to return my Onkyo and get another brand that supports Airplay for the same price.   That way I can simply connect to the receiver via Airplay while using the native Spotify app.  No need to use a special Onkyo app.   I've seen this same setup (Iphone / iPad to Airplay to a Sony receiver) in another house and its works really well.  This approach is closer to a "Nest like experience" in that there is no interface with the receiver.  Airplay connectivity is initiated via the Spotify app.    A related experience is how smart TV can connect to a smartphone running Youtube over Wifi.  Or how a Mac can Airplay onto a smart TV via AppleTV.  So slick!

I have the TX NR509 of Onkyo. I just got it back from repair department because the function of streaming audio did not work anymore. Before and after that moment also the spotify function did  not work. So stil a probblem!! September 2015

@Jeffc_7373 wrote:
I just bought an onkyo tx-nr609. I tried to use my device login and password and it will not work. I verified I have internet connectivity on the onkyo. The device is using a cat5 LAN connection, not wireless. My iPad and iPhone devices work just fine with the same credentials on the same network. Error message says to contact spotty. I have a premium account. Any help is greatly appreciated!

My problem was solved by reversing the 'Login using Facebook' option.  Once you've started using Facebook to login this caused problems with my username and password (which would still work on the web, but obviously the Onkyo receiver can't check this out).  

Anyway it's worth checking you haven't log in with Facebook at ANY point as this stop you logging via your receiver.  Hope that helps.

Suggested posts