Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login o Web Player without access to my facebook account

Login o Web Player without access to my facebook account

Hi,

I can listen to music at work and obviously want to use my Spotify account, but I can't access facebook on a work computer/wifi so I can't connect using my facebook profile. I've read all the FAQs I could find and if I understand it correctly I can't delink my account to my facebook as that's how I signed up and I don't want a new account... Does anyone know if there's a work around for this?

Many thanks

Tilly

1 Reply

I haven't tried this yet but here's a guide I found that might work.

• Using any device that you use Spotify on, click this link to create a device password: http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password
  • You'll have to log in with Facebook and a notice will say "Your device username is 123456789" -- WRITE DOWN THIS NUMBER! Instead of an email address, or username, or Facebook account, this number is your existing accounts new "username".
  • Follow the instructions to "Set your device password" -- you'll then receive an email to set your device password.
  • Once you've set your device password it may bring you back to the login page.
  • LOG OUT OF ANY OPEN SPOTIFY APPLICATIONS THAT MAY CURRENTLY BE OPEN -- these open/running apps are running on the account that is linked to Facebook.
  • Re-log into Spotify on each of your devices using your new numerical username (provided by Spotify) and password (created by you in a previous step)
  • At this point, your playlists that used to be set to "Available offline" will need to be turned back on, but that's the worst of it.

Let me know how it went!

Suggested posts