Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login on my volvo

Login on my volvo

Hello, if i try logging inn to the app in my volvo it says username or password is wrong, i then get a message from facebook saying that someone is trying to login from ireland (gives me the ip to the server which is trying to connect), even tho i am in norway, and my account is set to norway. My ip i have confirmed to be a norwegian one.

No one has access to the account other than me. This only happens when i try to log inn from my car. Anyone having similar issues?
13 Replies

I have a same broblem, does anyone have solution what to do?

Same sh*t here, doesn't work

Hi,

I am having this problem as well.  Can someone please provide instructions for logging into the Spotify app in my Volvo vehicle using my Facebook login information?

Thanks,

Brandon 

Talked to Facebook, Volvo and Spotify about this - problem is known but won't be fixed. Solution is to get a non-Facebook account 😕

Got it, thanks for the confirmation.  I thought that may be the issue so guess I will need to get a new account.

same problem here - thank you guys for sharing the work around!

In case anyone looks here again, you don't need a new account. You can also go to the Spotify website (this one), log out, and then use the reset password function to reset the password on your Facebook-connected Spotify account. Double-check that you can log into Spotify app and website with your new password and your Spotify username (rather than Facebook or your e-mail address). Then go to Facebook and disconnect Spotify if you want (you can also leave it connected). You do this through the Settings page > App settings. 

This does not work for me; when I clicked on reset password I get the following message:

Password Reset

It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com.

Maybe you have to disconnect Spotify or disabled your facebook account temporarily first. Sorry it didn't help!

Same problem. there does not seem to be a work around as the volvo spotify instance does NOT have a facebook integration. anyone done this successfully?

It's up to Spotify to enable the FB account integration in the Volvo Spotify App.... And like all their other 3rd party app support, it's half-assed. Don't count on it ever happening. 

Solution available as of 12/21/2017: 

Login to your Spotify account on a computer web browser. I logged in using my Facebook login. Then Click on Profile > Account to get to your Settings page. From the menu at left, choose Set a Device Password. It will give you a Device username and a button to send a password reset (for that device) to your email address. Follow the password link in the email to creat your device password.

Now, goto your Volvo and in the Spotify app (once you download it) Sign in using the Device username and password. All your music and playlists will appear under your Library!! So Cool!!  

This solution really worked for me! Thanks.

Suggested posts