Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost ability to connect to Amazon Echo

Solved!

Lost ability to connect to Amazon Echo

A couple weeks ago, I was forced to change my Spotify password.

After doing so, my Amazon Echo devices would no longer play music from Spotify. 

To troubleshoot, I went in to the Amazon Alexa app and deselected Spotify as the default music service. When I did so, I saw that Spotify was grayed out as an option.

I then tried to re-add Spotify in the Alexa music settings. Whenever I click on Spotify, the button does nothing.

I then went in to the Spotify settings and disabled Amazon Alexa from the Apps menu.

Tried to go back into the Alexa music settings and add Spotify, but the same behavior continues (clicking the Spotify button does nothing).

Can anyone help?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Amazon Echo

21 Replies

Was having the same issue, Spotify just wouldn't play, even though my account was linked. I realized when using Spotify on my desktop that the Spotify Connect/Devices menu next to the Volume slider wasn't listing one of my Echo Dots. It hadn't been playing music because I was trying to play from a group that contained the missing Echo Dot, so it just did nothing. I told that specific Dot "Alexa, Spotify Connect" and it began working again. Not sure why it was necessary, but as of July 27, 2022, this is the fix.

Hey @garzaje,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

Just to confirm, have you tried removing "Alexa" from your account page as suggested previously by @avizio?

If so, and the issue persists, would you mind trying with a different WiFi connection to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it. This will give us a better look at your case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts