Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lot of duplicate song in my Library

Lot of duplicate song in my Library

Hi everyone,

I recently noticed that I have a lot a duplicate in my Library in a way I don't understand.

For exemple I saved an album from the artist "La Femme" and in my Library I've two album. The first one is the full saved album and the other one only two tracks. But the most interesting things is when I go the the artist profile page, I can see only one album and this one seam to be linked with my two-tracks-saved-album. 

I'm wondering how the first full saved album can be saved, to which element it's linked and how to avoid this type of behaviour and how to clean my library (lot of question sorry). 

This is an exemple but I've lot of duplicate and the worst thing is that the curated playlist suggest me music I already saved but with not linked to the item on my library. So I'm saving it and after I've two (or more) same songs. 

Thanks a lot for your help.

album_full.png
album_song.png
Artiste_page.png
6 Replies

Hey @farnots.

Thank you for letting us know about this issue 🙂

We recommend checking out this Support article for more info on how to report tracks with wrong info and content errors.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help with! We'll be right here 🙂

I have this issue also. Perhaps Spotify could investigate as to why this is? This seems to be a common issue and it doesn't make sense trying to fix it on a case by case basis. Thanks.

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

We suggest you report this issue to our Content team. To do this, just go ahead and check this help page. The article lets you perform some basic steps that tend to resolve such issues and shows you how to contact the team in question. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hi Ivan,

You are the moderator, surely you are able to flag this error with your technical/content team yourself? Excuse me if I come across a little rude but it seems lazy of the Spotify team not to be more proactive in resolving this issue. What if I don't follow your instructions? Will you continue to let this issue affect your customers?

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The role of a moderator is to take care of the Community users by certain means - directing them to the right thread, idea or issue, or keeping the Community clean from spam and abusive language. 

Moderators can't report an issue themselves, as Spotify keeps track on how many users experience it by the number of times an event was reported. This way we see if the issue affects a particular user, or it's a trend affecting multiple users. Recognizing the issue like this is crucial to finding the best solution.

We have an Ongoing Issues board where users can report such events. You can click the Submit an issue button and post a description of the issue, then other users can comment and vote by clicking the +VOTE. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an issue gets, the more likely it is for the issue to be investigated 🙂 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Im having the same problem with various artists/songs.

I go to an album I like and find that there is no songs with a heart.

Also if I search a song in my library, sometimes I get 2 or more results (same song, same artist, same album). When I click on one of those albums, it seems that there are different albums, same songs, but favourited songs are different in each album.

Short video showing the issue: https://imgur.com/a/mlqD3Qf

Suggested posts