Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Low music quality even after setting high standars

Low music quality even after setting high standars

Very Low music quality(music quality standards are set to very high and not auto) when compared to amazon music. I expected Spotify to be better than other music streaming apps.

5 Replies

Hi Nik,

After a few analyzes, each premium platform for music has the same quality for each song. Quality being 320kbps.

You must go to Settings Screenshot_2.pngto set Streaming on High or Very High and restart App.

If you use this option on Very High and listen many songs, I recommend to use CCleaner application because the music on Spotify create some files (cookies) after each listening and those Cookies absorb a fairly large space on your phone. 

A tip that when you have no space on the phone, do not ask yourself why.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

No difference even after clearing cache. And I have opted for very high music quality and not auto.

By removing the cache, you free up memory size from your phone.

The only option for quality was to set the quality at High/Very High.

Try to check if there is an update to the application.

The latest version should be 8.4.95.785

No updates left

Hey @Nik27.

Thanks for getting back!

Keep in mind that switching higher quality will not instantly result in a difference. Songs that have been cached will play in the quality it was previously set to. Try removing Spotify from your device, soft-resetting your device and installing Spotify back to see if that makes a difference.

If it doesn't please let us know on which devices (device name and OS) this happens and on which it doesn't. We'll be able to further investigate.

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day.

Suggested posts