Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lykaia - Soen completely vanished from Brazil's Spotify

Solved!

Lykaia - Soen completely vanished from Brazil's Spotify

Greetings.

It was with utter shock that I opened my Spotify today, only to see Lykaia, an Album from the band Soen, greyed out as if I couldn't listen to it anymore. What the **bleep** happened? I was listening to it last sunday evening and now it's gone from our region. I can't even listen to my offline songs from the album. If I have them on my phone's SD Card, what is the point of blocking them?

Can you give me an insight about it? Is this related to the band or the producers, or maybe someone asked this album to be removed from Brazil for some reason? Is this a worldwide issue or what? Maybe a copyright expired, but if that's the case, please put it back on as fast as possible. Our country barely gets local releases for less known bands, so our only option is to buy a 40 dollar import disc to have their song always available or to use Spotify.

Why is Lykaia the only album we can't listen to from Soen? I'll wait for further info on this subject. Please do something about it.

You have the largest streaming database of all other song streaming services and that's the sole reason I've been paying a Spotify family subscription for almost 2 years. Please don't **bleep** this up.

Sincerely, a fan.

Lykaia.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify. While it might be a good idea to contact the artist or label directly and ask why the music isn't on Spotify, you can also fill out this form to let Spotify staff know of your interest. You might also be interested in supporting this idea, which suggests a simpler method for requesting albums missing from Spotify.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else! Happy listening 🙂

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Same is true in Turkey. **bleep** is going on??

Hmmm, it appears to be a global issue then. Maybe the band wanted to pull the plug on offering their newest album. However, if that was the case, I don't see a reason for this attitude. Why didn't Spotify warn us on the notification panel?

I hate being caught up by surprise, especially when a company doesn't have a proper way of communicating with its users. Shame on Soen, shame on Spotify.

Same here in Canada. Was listening to it on Thursday. Was gone on Friday.

Back to Piratebay I go then.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify. While it might be a good idea to contact the artist or label directly and ask why the music isn't on Spotify, you can also fill out this form to let Spotify staff know of your interest. You might also be interested in supporting this idea, which suggests a simpler method for requesting albums missing from Spotify.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else! Happy listening 🙂

Why should we waste time trying to contact the label or artist directly? They wouldn't listen to us. I think that as a music streaming provider, Spotify should try to track down what's causing the sudden removal of content and sort legal issues out, if there are any.

Contact the band/producers/label or whoever's in charge of uploading the album to Spotify and get some news for us. I Think we as consumers deserve that much.

@user-removed,

Spotify is working on deals with so many artists and labels (anywhere between hundreds and thousands every day) that it unfortunately doesn't have time to track down every song that's pulled. They leave it up to labels and distributors to make sure the song is added back as quickly as possible.

Please let me know if you have other questions 🙂

Seems like it's back up (canada). I was able to redownload it on my phone.

Still greyed out on Spotify, BUT if I play a song form the album on my phone, then pause it, I seem to be able to resume it on my computer.

"Spotify is working on deals with so many artists and labels (anywhere between hundreds and thousands every day) that it unfortunately doesn't have time to track down every song that's pulled."

That statement says a lot about Spotify's quality control, since it feels like the company is not even aware of what enters or suddenly leaves its servers. How can you offer music without having a team of people checking if all songs are fit for the system at all or aren't just jokes? Why aren't you going after the reason why some songs are unavailable? I've seen really bad and **bleep**ty content in the past, and they're still being offered for some reason, while good content is being deleted without any stated reason or explanation. I bet that if something similar had happened to Katy Perry, you would've fixed the problem in minutes. Just because it's a lesser known band, its taking days. Soen already stated on their website that they're aware of the issue and are trying to fix it with all music streaming providers, so now it's up you to fix it.

Don't just add hundreds of thousands of songs to boast that "Spotify has the largest music library of all other streaming services available". Check their quality first and keep track of any changes inside the servers. NOTIFY US! I shouldn't have to say all of this because it's obvious. Check your content. Go after the labels, try to understand why the songs were removed and fix it.

It's still unavailable over here, unfortunately. I can't even listen to my offline album on my phone (what's the point of having the option to download songs if they can block them anyways, right?)

This whole situation is **bleep**ed up, really. I may have to rely on torrents all over again, since most small bands don't even reach Brazil to release their albums locally and import taxes are insane over here, especially if the items are shipped from the US.

Soen made a statement on their Facebook page, if you haven't seen it yet.

"Hey guys!
As some of you have noticed our latest album is missing from some digital platforms. 
Be patient, we're working on it!

Thanks 
Soen"

Probably removed to add the track "Gods Acre".

I've seen their message already, but unfortunately it's not just up to them to solve everything. Spotify needs to approve the changes first.

He's back!

It is missing in Canada as well.

Guys, be reasonable.  Obviously the Artist/Label does not want it up as it was or at all.  Be patient and grow up.

Suggested posts