Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics Are Not Showing

Lyrics Are Not Showing

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia (100% sure lyrics function is enabled in my country.)

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 13.6

My Question or Issue

Hi, my account does not have the view lyrics option for the longest time. I read through the forum and these are the troubleshooting steps that I have conducted.

1) Logged out and logged in. No lyrics function.
2) Deleted the app and reinstalled the latest version of the app. No lyrics function.

I read through the forum and one of the solutions was to get someone whose Spotify app has the lyrics function enabled to login into your device that doesn't have the lyrics function enabled.

I got a user, who has lyrics function enabled, to login into the Spotify app on my device. I played a song, and the lyrics function was enabled.

I then logged out and logged in with my own account. I played the same song, and the lyrics function was enabled.

I quit and reopened the app. I played the same song, and the lyrics function was missing/disabled.

Please advise. 

46 Replies

Just give suggestion, If it still on running on new features just enabled it on all premium account because we all pay for it, why its is hard for you to enabled it. I don't like to switch to free account and transfer all my content in the new account is such a hassle. I don't mind receiving a bug or whatsoever since the bug will fixed it soon or I can try to reinstall back. PLEASE JUST ENABLED IT ON ALL PREMIUM ACCOUNT. THIS IS MY HONEST REQUEST. This is so just unfair to premium user. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Hey @sheqal98,

Thanks for the post!

We understand your frustration, but we can't enable features like this manually. It's not something that depends on the type of subscription you're running.

The workaround we've suggested is the only way to get the feature immediately. Note that even if the new account has Lyrics enabled, the feature might be disabled in the future, as it's still in testing.

Hope you find this info helpful. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! I've had my account for a long time now installed on the same device, I was able to see the lyrics when I had my personal premium subscription and even when I had no premium subscription, the thing is when I got premium familiar subscription, Lyrics disappeared and I wasn't able to see them anymore. I'm  pretty sure my country is one of those who has the function available cuz actually  my sister has it and I did too, but not anymore and I don't  know what else to do, I already did the options of logging in and out and reinstall the app.

Hi @GioMCirigo,

Thank you for posting on this thread!

As it was shared by other mods, the Lyrics feature is one of the functions we're still testing, so it is normal if it disappears or appears again. 

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Cheers. 

MafeGModerator

Hello, I'm having kind of the same problem. The lyrics won't show at all. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, running Spotify version 8.6.60.1313 (just updated). I had the same problem back when I was using my iPhone X. Even on my iPad Pro have the same problem.

My friends, that are not premium users and using an iOS device that are even older than mine, can see the lyrics of almost any song without problem. Yes, the lyrics option it's available in my country.

Yes, I've tried login in and out more than 3 times, uninstalling the app and installing it again, and yet the lyrics are not showing. 

I tried creating a new account to verify if my account was the problem, but when I log this new account into my iPhone, the lyrics are still not showing.

However, when I run Spotify on my desktop or website (PC), I can see the lyrics, so the option of creating a new account it's not the solution here. It seems that the problem is on my account when I use it on any iOS device? 

Hopefully someone can shed some light into this issue.

Beforehand, thanks.

desktop.JPG
2021-09-08 13.56.09.png

Hi @Charles9,

Thank you for posting and sharing those insights.

What you mention is still an expected behavior for the reasons I explained in my previous post. Since this feature is still being tested it's normal to find some differences across devices.

In this case, we suggest you always keep your app updated so you don't miss any development with the Lyrics feature. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator

Hi, I’m a subscriber (main subscriber on premium duo plan) who has no lyrics function too. My partner who is on same subscription plan has the lyrics display function. We are both based in Singapore. Only difference is that I’m using iPhone 11 and she is on iPhone 12 Pro. Please advise.

Hi team,
I have the same issue and I don't want to create a new account since I have the family plan and all my songs and history in mi account. Is there anything you could do from your side?

I don't have the lyrics in my account and its a functionality that's really important to me. 

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Malaysia 

Device

iPhone 11 

Operating System

iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

Hi, my account does not have the Lyrics feature. Tried to uninstall, clean uninstall, log out and log in twice but nothing works. Instead of creating a new account since I am on a family plan, isn't there is any way to resolve this? Attached to you my mobile app screenshot. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-19 at 11.05.10 AM.jpg

Good news!

Lyrics are now available for ALL Spotify users worldwide

You can read this Spotify news article for more information:

You Can Now Find the Lyrics to Your Favorite Songs in Spotify. Here’s How. 

You can view the support article for lyrics right here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That’s the problem. I can’t swipe up to see the lyrics even my Spotify is 8.6.80.1180 . Please refer to previous photo I’ve uploaded to see that I can’t swipe up. Thanks.

I still can't see the lyrics. I have the same issue that I said before.
Please help me solve this.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also, we suggest that you head over to this article and follow the steps that's provided in it if you haven't already.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This didn't work

So is there no way for me to keep the account I have but still somehow get lyrics at some point?

Hi folks! 

Thanks for your replies 🙂

@MatiasSch, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you make sure that the Offline mode is toggled off in the app settings.

@Enyioma, no worries, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases. Just to confirm, have you tried reinstalling the app following the steps @Jeremy sent previously? If so, could you try again with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

I have an issue with the new lyrics feature. I am currently using family pack and all of my family members have the lyrics but i don't.

The funny thing is the lyrics work on desktop but it doesn't work on my phone even tho it's the latest version. I tried logging out and logging back in so many times but it just didn't work. I'm using android device. I don't think the problem is my account but i don't think it's my phone either.

Please someone help me.

Thank you 🙂 

Hi @ValentinoSalami,

Thank you for sharing your post on this thread!

We'd like to know if you've tried any troubleshooting steps besides logging out and back in. If not, throughout this thread you'll be able to find plenty of steps shared by other mods, please give them a check and let us know how they go for you.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Lyrics doesn’t show in my primary account but it showed in another account i had created

I have the same issue that you mentioned

Suggested posts