Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics won't show on this device only

Lyrics won't show on this device only

Plan

Free

Country

U.S.

Device

School Chromebook (not sure which model)

Operating System

Chrome

My Question or Issue

So, I'm able to see the lyrics icon on my phone and on my Xbox, but for some reason not on this computer. It's all the same account, and I went to songs I know for sure I was able to see the lyrics for in the past, but not anymore. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening? (P.S. On a previous school given chromebook, I was able to see lyrics, so it's not the school's limitations.)

3 Replies

Hey @emogingerboi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue is usually related to some damaged cache stored on that device from previous versions. First, we'd recommend logging out and back in twice to force the sync between the device and the account. After that, reboot your PC and try again.

However, if the issue persists, it's possible that you need to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your PC. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to keep investigating your case.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, thank you for your help. I have tried both uninstalling the app, and logging out and back in twice, but neither solution worked. I can't figure out which version I am running on, but I am using the web player if that helps answer your question

Hey @emogingerboi,

This may be related to our Ongoing Issue here.
Could you let us know if this persists for you at the current moment?
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts