Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

MP3 Players

Solved!

MP3 Players

Will we be able to download our music to other systems that are not part of the IPod team, such as a RCA MP3 Player

46 Replies

Hi. It runs android OS so should work, in theory.

cool, thanks. I am very much technologically challenged. 😜

Also, does anyone know anything about the Samsung Galaxy Player? I am sure it would work, but if anyone has heard that it has not it would be good to know.

Nevermind guys, some mentioned it back a ways in the thread. All is well.

I second this demand.. Sony's service is available on their new Players, of course they can build their own software accordingly. If Spotify is not planning to implement an equivalent service, I'll either head to the competition or might as well continue buying CDs. Sucks, because Spotify on the other hand actually works on Linux.

Does anyone know if, or when, Spotify does, or may, work with any Sansa mp3 players, the ones that work with the Rhapsody program?

i was with Rhapsody for a while.  But now I like Spotify better because it interacts more with my friends on facebook, plus other features.  (I've never been an Apple/MAC/Ipod person so much.) 

@AgapeLove14 wrote:

Does anyone know if, or when, Spotify does, or may, work with any Sansa mp3 players, the ones that work with the Rhapsody program?

i was with Rhapsody for a while.  But now I like Spotify better because it interacts more with my friends on facebook, plus other features.  (I've never been an Apple/MAC/Ipod person so much.) 

Spotify does not support any kind of mp3 type device - it only support "smart" devices which can run the Spotify application. 

Not sure how Rhapsody do it!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I would buy a Spotify Player if they made one, especially for running. My smartphone is't small so can be a pain to run with. They're missing a trick here. I reckon there's money to be made.

Oh, it just has to do with application rights or something like that, that's all.  They are simply MP3 players as you say.  But certain ones, such as many Sansa players and others, can be used to store Rhapsody music files, withartists rights to all of the music.

This is INSANE, and makes me mad! -few years ago it was fully possible to download songs and playlist to MP3.

since I now suspect I suffer from electrowaves from networks and Wifi, I bought a new MP3player JUST in order to listen to my playlists when I´m running and going to work. How am I supposed to manage? not fair.....

I've no experience with this myself but I did see a post on xda-developers where someone had got the spotify client working on his Motorola Motoactv. Unfortunately it's a rather expensive solution.

For anyone new posting on this thread, I was perplexed by this question a while back myself.  But then I figured it out.  Spotify, as a company, isn't going to blatantly admit to reasons for not being able to do this.  For it has to do with their own commercial policies, internally, not what they aren't capable of doing.  They can easily, technically, have their product be used on other players.  But it has to do with money, business, who they're in contract with, such as Apple products, or any others, to share their services.  And as a company, it isn't good business to admit they are doing this openly. This goes on all the time in business.  it's all about the money, and revenue sharing

So if we can't download songs to our MP3 players, what is the point of the Premium account?  It seems the only benefit to it is advertising-free listening, which isn't really worth $10 per month.  Very disappointing.  I'll be cancelling my Premium account.

@Monster_Dad - You can listen to content offline with a premium account inside the Spotify app, meaning you can listen to Spotify even when you don't have an internet connection.

Spotify Premium also gives you other benefits such as higher quality playback and features like Spotify Connect.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a Galaxy Note 4.  I love my phone, wouldn't change it, but for running....not so much.  Its just too big!  My Sansa Clip is made for running.  But without Spotify its no good.  Since I've subscribed to Spotify Premium I've stopped obtaining songs in a dodgy way, and I'm happy with my choice.  Support music, support the artist.  But what am i to do now?  Running withouth music is a chore.  And I don't want to go back to my old ways of obtaining music.

Help us help you Spotify.  I would gladly pay a bit extra for this functionality.

Has anyone tried using something like the Z18 Android phone? It's 8.8 cm x 4.8 cm x 1.3 cm and reportedly runs Android 4.4, albeit proably slowly. And best of all it can be had online for about £40. I might look into it at some point.

agreed! there must be some device acceptable out there for us to use as that would allow the 'Offline Mode' for Spotify on. As soon as that device is available i'm in!

It's not a new device. I think it's been available to buy for a long while from overseas, at least. I'm surprised nobody has thought to try it before but I can't find any information on how well it runs.

Ahh, I've found the issue with this. It weighs 148g. So it's heavier than my current phone, and that's way too heavy.

Rhapsody!

Suggested posts