Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Main Website not loading

Main Website not loading

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(Macbook Pro mid 2015)

Operating System

(MacOS Mojave)

My Question or Issue

I am able to connect with my desktop app and the web player, but the main website is inaccessible. I have tried pinging the website in terminal and all I get back is request timeouts. I also have an unknown user hijacking my music, putting on terrible mumbleraps. I am unable to change my password to fix this.

3 Replies

Hello! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues! Would you mind letting me know how long you've been having issues with the main website? It was likely only temporary, but if it has been going on for a longer period of time then there might be something else causing the issue.

If you are able to access the main website, could you try a couple things in regards to the strange music appearing and then let me know if the problem still continues?

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. 

Hope this helps you!

I changed my password on my phone, I hope that works. I am still unable to access the main spotify webpage.

Hey there @gtaylor2084!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

It's great to hear that you were able to reset your password. As for logging on to the Spotify web page - could you give it a shot in an incognito window or on a different network?

If the issue persists, could you let us know if you're able to access your Account page and if not, what error massage you're getting?

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Just let us know if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts