Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Marantz M-CR610: today's firmware update removes Spotify app

Solved!

Marantz M-CR610: today's firmware update removes Spotify app

This afternoon, I received email to tell me that my Marantz hifi would receive a firmware upgrade with a much-improved Spotify app.  I turned on the hifi and let it download and install the new firmware when it prompted me.  Now Spotify is unavailable -- the "online music" button takes me straight to Last.fm, with no other options.

If you have Marantz kit and you use it to listen to Spotify, my suggestion would be to delay upgrading your firmware until Marantz issues a further update that sorts it out.

*Sigh*

Markus

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just happend to me.

They've removed Spotify from the built in menus so it can't run as a standalone. But with  any other device running Spotify you select your Marantz from there. It should now be listed as a Spotify Connect device.

For me this is a lot better!! Happy days!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Interesting to hear this, I got an e-mail from Spotify today telling me that with some a new firmware, my Marantz would get some improved functionality. I translated that for myself to mean that Spotify connect would be supported. The e-mail did say that the update would be available by the end of December.

Marked as solution

Just happend to me.

They've removed Spotify from the built in menus so it can't run as a standalone. But with  any other device running Spotify you select your Marantz from there. It should now be listed as a Spotify Connect device.

For me this is a lot better!! Happy days!

I don't think this is an improvement. I already HAVE a remote control for my Marantz but I can't use that anymore to start Spotify. Now I have to use my smartphone or laptop. It would be an improvement if you could use both; your remote control AND an app on your smartphone/laptop

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-spe...

Thanks for this.  Spotify Connect simply refused to work yesterday, no matter what I tried.  Today, it worked immediately: it even turned on the hifi for me when I connected to it from my Linux PC, and now my Android phone can see the hifi, too.  I don't know what's changed.  Perhaps the phone only scans for peers every so often?

Cheers,

Markus

Yes Spotify removed by update from my Marantz, replaced by new Music Center. Now I can select my Spotify music from my Samsung phone or PC, click on Marantz as a device. Actually could even be better, I had major real problems getting Marantz Spotify to play over last 2-3 months!

I haven't updated my Marantz yet, I will have to see if this is actually an improvement. As mentioned before, I would appreciate the option of using both the Marantz remote (or the set itself) and my phone as a remote. I do admit that the Spotify interface on the Marantz itself is pretty clunky so using your phone, laptop or tablet does at least improve on that.

The built in Spotify without using a tablet or phone was one of the main reasons we bought a Marantz M-CR610. This is not an improvment!

Hi all !

Yes, no need now to open marantz or denon app' for Android to listen Spotify 😉

The spotify' icon has gone away in the app' but natively:

You can now open Spotify and choose "Marantz" on your device list now.

Amazing, great !!!

Screenshot_20171205-101452.png

Just updated mine as it wouldn't detect my spotify package using the app direct on the Marantz unit. 

Good point about the update - I think its now  better that you can control spotify via Andriod device.

However it would be nice to still have the opition back so you can play spotify via the Marantz app menu .

Suggested posts