Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Maximum number of playlists allowed

Solved!

Maximum number of playlists allowed

Hi. I have 258 playlists on spotify. They are virtually all just albums saved as playlists. Spotify popped up a message this morning to say I've reached the maximum number of playlists I can listen to offline. Is this correct? This does not seem like much!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not aware of a maximum number of playlists; however, you can only sync up to 3,333 songs per device on up to three devices. If those are all albums, assuming an average of 12 per album, you'd be running very close to the limit, so I suspect you've actually simply hit the track limit rather than a playlist limit.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm not aware of a maximum number of playlists; however, you can only sync up to 3,333 songs per device on up to three devices. If those are all albums, assuming an average of 12 per album, you'd be running very close to the limit, so I suspect you've actually simply hit the track limit rather than a playlist limit.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes I think this is what has happened - I didn't realise there was an offline limit...thanks for your help!

What if a lot of your playlists contain some of the same songs? Does each time they appear on a playlist count as a separate track?

They shouldn't. The limit is strictly on downloaded songs and if the same song is in two playlists it is still only downloaded once.

Suggested posts