Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing Barenaked Ladies Album

Missing Barenaked Ladies Album

I was taking an audio trip down memory lane yesterday and put on some Barenaked Ladies. Spotify has every album (including all of their live albums they released during a tour a decade ago), but I couldn't help but notice that their album Barenaked Ladies Are Me (2006) is missing.

Here's the odd part - in 2006/2007 BNL released two albums - Barenaked Ladies Are Me and Barenaked Ladies Are Men. They were two halves of a double album. Barenaked Ladies Are Men is there, but Barenaked Ladies Are Me is missing. I can't see any legal reason for tha album to not be there - everything else has been put on Spotify.

So I wonder if the similiarity between the two album names is the reason that one album was added and one was not. Maybe human error - or maybe some sort of feature that stops duplicate albums from being added accidentally.

Either way, it'd be great if we can get Barenaked Ladies Are Me on there since it's the better album of the two.

6 Replies

Hey!

I think it's quite likely this has something to do with licensing, but you're quite right, the two albums are similar enough to possibly cause a problem.

I've passed on your post to our content team just to be sure.

Thanks 🙂

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Just discovered the exact same issue.  Would be great if this album could be added.

Just noticed this too. Barenake Ladies Are Me definately used to be on Spotify and it now seems to have gone. I think maybe spotify had a cleanup and mistoke the 2 albums as being the same?

Just noticed this issue myself. Is it really licensing that's the problem here? Every other BNL album is up there, including its companion album as mentioned previously.

@jakemhs 

Not every album or song is available on Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Although "BLAMe" is not on Spotify, the live version of it is available: "All New Revue -- Live at the Glenn Gould Studio." The track order is the same.

Suggested posts