Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing Music on Spotify

Solved!

Missing Music on Spotify

Hi,

I know theres already a sticky threat about missing music and that u dont have contracts with al artists on this planet. But i dont understand why there are several artists on Spotify with most of their music and just some tracks are missing. Why is there all the music of Hoodie Allen and "the chase is on" is missin, theres everything from logic but "Ballin" is missing.

Another question is, why dont u have music from e.g. "Norwegian Recycling". His music can be donwloaded for free from his homepage, so it shouldnt be a problem to add this to spotify.

Regards,

IworkAtHooters 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @IworkAtHooters and welcome to the community!

Yes it seems to be strange and I come across such examples over and over again. But it really is the decision of the label and legal owners. They might want to push sales or someone else has the rights of a certain track / album (maybe when an artist changed labels).. So the only thing we can "do about it" is to contact the labels and ask why a certain song of a certain artist isn't available on the service.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi and welcome to the community!

Spotify can only add music that labels provide them, for this reason, a song can disappear, because the label don't want this song in Spotify.

Marked as solution

Yes it seems to be strange and I come across such examples over and over again. But it really is the decision of the label and legal owners. They might want to push sales or someone else has the rights of a certain track / album (maybe when an artist changed labels).. So the only thing we can "do about it" is to contact the labels and ask why a certain song of a certain artist isn't available on the service.

Yes, but does Spotify remove tracks because of explicit content?

@Carina wrote:

Hello @Devastation, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Spotify doesn't remove tracks because of explicit content, they want all the world's music 🙂

That's dissapointing reply. Others services as Deezer allows premium users to demand on missing albums or artist and they reply why they are not in the platform either they get it. On Spotify it's imposible, and most of the music I cannot find here (as old Louise Attaque albums) seems to be avaible in all other services (Napster, Deezer, etc)

Hope you will actually open this option, i doubt all the music is still missing just for the titularity on the copyrights, certainly much must just haven't been uploaded as they are not known/demanded.

Suggested posts