Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing new Indian music

Missing new Indian music

Hello,

I recently signed up for spotify premium but I don't any new Indian releases. Any ideas?

Thanks
Sandy
15 Replies

Which ones have you searched for? There seems to be quite a lot of indian music available although I don't think Spotify has launched in India yet.

Indian music, this might be of your interest.

Thanks for the responses.

A majority of Indian music that is popular are soundtracks of movies that have songs. I hardly see any new 2012 2013 movie songs in spotify. Older Indian music seems to be there.

Sandy

Yeah..Spotify sucks when it comes to latest bollywood music (hindi, punjabi). I'm thinking of stopping my subscription all together after over a year of subscribing with them. For the moment just downgraded my account.

Here are some popular albums that are no where to be found on Spotify:

Shuddh Desi Romance (2013)
Phata Poster Nikhla Hero (2013)
Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012)

Starting to look for alternatives to spotify...

Please let me know when you find an alternative for it. I am also looking for an alternative. Thought of using grooveshark but its such a crap that I want to stay away from it.

dude .. Punjabi Music? Are you kidding me. It has ALL the Punjabi Music that I couldnt even fnid elsewhere. Thats the reason I am on Spotify in the first place. All the latest UK and Canada releases. Awesome Playlists. Love it. 

FYI. Follow the BBC Asian Download Charts Playlist for all the latest Punjabi Tracks. 

But yes, Spotify sucks for Indian Music (Bollywood). Saavn is an alternate which is good but that also dosent have it all so not worth buying as of now. But I would rather just pay for one service that 2 for music. Also becomes difficult with playlists. Spotify came with the promise of ONE ALL. I know it has a lot of very local European Music. But I am really surprised its not got much Bollywood stuff. This is inspite of the fact that almost all the bollywood stuff is ony iTunes nowadays, so no reason why it shouldnt be on Spotify. 

try deezer for streaming of bollywood music. 

@emphaticsunshin wrote:

Please let me know when you find an alternative for it. I am also looking for an alternative. Thought of using grooveshark but its such a crap that I want to stay away from it.

Find song with artist name  Arijit singh , ankit tiwari , kanika kapoor blah blah

Wanted to subscribe to Premium, but the lack of extremely popular Indian material like Dabangg, Roy, Arijit Singh etc makes it a definite no-no. Such a pity, because I love the sound quality here. This is basic stuff Spotify. Why won't you put up the music more than 1 billion people listen to every day? 

I am premium subscriber too . Spotify has pulled out tons of new bollywood music. No idea as to why?  

When i posted a query on support, the response i got was that the artists have pulled it out. I find that hard to believe, that Arijit Singh and many other Bollywood artists have myteriously decided to pull out all thier new songs.

For example Both  'Bar Bar deko' songs and ' Udta punjab'  which were available, have been pulled out.

My bollywood playlists have been shrinkin by the day. 

Very Disappointed. 😞

I have reached the conclusion that 10 hours worth of music from my main playlist has disappeared due to this.

Check this out : New hindi

I believe it's due to Spotify not being available in India yet. Apple Music is in available in India which allows them to have a massive amount of Hindi music. Spotify may be coming to India by the end of this year, or at most the beginning of 2018. 

struggling to find new 2017 bollywood hits - itunes has them all, thinking of moving back. 

Hey!

you can find some great indian music here: https://open.spotify.com/user/HindiGaana

Suggested posts