Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing / removed radio and activity on web player?

Solved!

Missing / removed radio and activity on web player?

A couple days ago both the radio feature and the activity bell disappeared from the web player. What happened? I use both features a ton, since I listen to music at work where I don't like to download a native app. The help docs haven't been updated and still say I should be able to use these features.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh hey look: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Removal-of-desktop-notifications/t... makes it look like this feature is gone on purpose and for good. I've been subscribing to both Spotify and Google Play Music for a couple years now (the latter also comes with Youtube Red and I reeeeally don't like ads), and this was literally the only differentiator between the two. Google Play has some sweet advantages too, like better Chromecast integration and way better related music.

Got the memo, Spotify! Bye!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Oh hey look: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Removal-of-desktop-notifications/t... makes it look like this feature is gone on purpose and for good. I've been subscribing to both Spotify and Google Play Music for a couple years now (the latter also comes with Youtube Red and I reeeeally don't like ads), and this was literally the only differentiator between the two. Google Play has some sweet advantages too, like better Chromecast integration and way better related music.

Got the memo, Spotify! Bye!

I was really disappointed by this update, because I use the radio more often than any other feature of Spotify in my web player.  However, I recently noticed that on playlists, under the green "follow" button are 3 small white dots.  If you right-click on the dots, a drop-down menu appears, the first option for which is to "start radio." I don't see the same option available for specific artists, but you can also "start radio" for individual songs.  I'm not certain if it is possible to save specific radio stations the way it used to be.  

Suggested posts