Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Jump to Song in Playlist

[Mobile] Jump to Song in Playlist

This is similar to this ticket for Android, except I'd like to suggest it for all platforms and ensure it works universally.

Issue: I have a playlist with 300 songs, playing in Enhanced mode. A new suggested song appears on my "now playing" window, and I like it. I would like to add it to the playlist while also "spawning" three new suggested songs when you click the plus button in the playlist. (Side note: I don't believe there's even a convenient way to "Add this suggested song to the current playlist" without picking the playlist again in the "add to playlist" option.)

Current Solution: Leave the now playing window to the main playlist, and scroll through all 300 songs until I see the green "playing" one, then click the plus button. Gets very difficult to find with larger playlists.

Suggested solution: Fully implement the "Jump to current song" feature that exists on the desktop. On the desktop, you can click on the small album art to jump to the location of a currently playing song in the playlist. There's not as much real estate on mobile, so I can see it being an item in the triple dot menu. Maybe called "View song in playlist" that only appears when the playing song is coming from an established playlist (either suggested or static).

1 Reply

Hey @dekabyte,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post, as it fits better here in the our Help boards.

That being said, you should be able to jump to the position of the song currently playing by clicking the title of the playlist on mobile devices from the now playing view (when enhance/smart shuffle is off).

We're aware of the behavior you kindly mentioned. Feel free to repost your idea again, nevertheless we'd recommend to only focusing in "Fully implement the Jump to current song feature on all platforms" part. Keep in mind that Smart Shuffle will replace the Enhance feature. You can read all about it in this article. Make sure of follow our Ideas Exchange Guidelines. That way, your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts