Currently, on mobile (iPhone) and desktop (Mac) app, the podcast video player has serious deficiencies that's caused me to go back to Apple Podcasts.
Tl;dr: pausing or trying to rewind the podcast often breaks the app, necessitating closing + reopening.
- Play video podcast
- Lock phone
- Reopen spotify app and rewind 15s
- Attempt to replay, spinning wheel then error code
- Close app and reopen
- Brought to incorrect timestamp
* less important, but when opening phone to spotify app while playing a video podcast, the audio pauses for 1-2 seconds
- Attempt to rewind 15s
- Shows as playing, but track does not progress and cannot get to start w/o closing + reopening app
I strongly prefer Spotify and am a premium customer, but the product here is so broken that it's essentially unusable.
Hey there you,
Yeah, you! 😁
Welcome - we're glad you joined the Spotify Community!
While you here, let's have a fun game…