Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Podcasts] Podcast Binger

[Mobile][Podcasts] Podcast Binger

I would LOVE a speed option. Audible has an option to which what speed you listen to books. YouTube has the option to view videos at different speeds as well. As someone who works long hours and spends times listening to A LOT of podcasts I’d like this feature to be added as I don’t like going to other streaming services for podcasts. 

6 Replies

Hello, 

The only feature preventing me from fully adopting Spotify as my podcast player is the lack of playback speed options. 

Google podcasts offers great features such as playback speeds to 0.1x variations and a "Trim silence" feature. 

This would be useful because podcast hosts speak at different rates and depending upon the activity one does whilst listening, slight variances in playback speed would be convenient. 

Please consider these improvements as I'm not the only one!

Hey @AvocadoDabs,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome 🙂

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like you to know this is already possible on the app across all devices. To be able to change the playback speed on a podcast, you just need to start playing a podcast, then, on the Now playing view, you'll notice a change speed icon that shows as "1x". When you select it, you can increase the speed up to 3.5x. Here's an image to illustrate better:

1.PNG

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @floshac,

Hope you don't mind moving your post here, since it fits better in this thread 🙂

We're glad to let you know, as mentioned previously above, this is already possible.

On another note, we'd like to share with you that another user had the same idea about the Trim Silence feature and posted here. Even though the status is set as Closed - Not Enough Vote, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote on the thump up icon and subscribing to the idea to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

Lastly, just a little reminder here: when you post an idea, keep in mind just idea per post is permitted. Additionally, it's important to check for existing ideas first.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Aleja, 

I’m afraid you’ve misunderstood my post. 

As specified, my idea is to have playback speed options to 0.1x variations. This would make it possible to play Spotify podcasts at e.g. 0.8x, 0.9x, 1x, 1.1x, 1.2x etc 

Currently the Spotify speed variations are limited to 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.2x, 1.5x etc

Please unlink my post from this one.

Cheers

Hi Aleja,

It’s been almost a week. Please don’t incorrectly close my idea and then ignore me

Hi @floshac,

Thanks for the additional clarifications. Sorry for the late reply, we just came by this post.

There's this idea about setting a custom podcast speed that's still open for voting, so feel free to check it out and add your Like if you haven't already.

In case you think your idea should be considered as separate, you can go ahead and submit it again, just make sure to include as much relevant info as possible. It's important to highlight how your idea is distinct from the one above as well as the existing feature so that everyone has a clear understanding of what you're suggesting and can show their support.

The Community's always here if something else comes up.

Take care!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts