Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mopidy not able to refresh Spotify playlist

Mopidy not able to refresh Spotify playlist

Changes to the Spotify playlists are not synced on Mopidy. I have tried adding new playlists and deleted existing ones on the Spotify app itself, but neither of these changes show up on the Mopidy Android app that I'm using.

Only the playlists that were initially on Spotity when I installed Mopidy are there. Also any local playlists (non-Spotity) show up fine when I create them with either MPD or Mopidy

Strangely if I add tracks into a playlist from Spotify, they do show up in Mopidy within the playlist if that playlist is visible.

I've tried some suggested fixes from the internet, such as disabling the Spotity cache and removing the config directory, but none of them work. I'm just stuck with an initial Spotify playlist

I'm using the following versions running on a Raspberry Pi with Rasbian Jessie:
libspotify12
python-spotify 2.0.5
mopidy-spotify 3.0.0

Not sure if this is relevant but I do see some of these ChannelError in the logs. Suggestions on the internet indicate that this may be a problem on the Spotify server end or a problem with my premium account configuration:

DEBUG 2016-09-19 23:37:57,390 [16582:Dummy-9] spotify.session
libspotify log message: 22:37:57.389 E [ap:4210] ChannelError(8, 1, playlist)
DEBUG 2016-09-19 23:37:57,391 [16582:Dummy-9] spotify.session
libspotify log message: 22:37:57.391 E [ap:4210] ChannelError(11, 1, playlist)
DEBUG 2016-09-19 23:37:57,392 [16582:Dummy-9] spotify.session
libspotify log message: 22:37:57.392 E [ap:4210] ChannelError(9, 1, playlist)

I have checked with multiple Mopidy clients too and its the same for all, so am beginning to suspect its related to the account. I have also completely uninstalled and re-installed Mopidy but its still the same. Any query towards the Spotify server is returning a outdated playlist

I know you no longer support the libspotify API which mopidy spotify extension uses, but I like to know where the problem is?

2 Replies

Same problem here. Since about a month or so. Log is full of channel errors from libspotify yet none of the solutions suggested so far fixes it (cache removal, config removal, reinstalling libspotify12).
At first i thought i still get the old lists but after removing local playlist files from the user cache dir - no sync between mopidy and spotify.
My client is custom built so i have stored the playlist information elsewhere and selecting from these urls it plays just fine. It's just that no playlist will sync with mopidy...

Hi guys,

I am facing the same issue and i am wondering if you finally found a solution to this problem. The only workaround i have is to restart the modipy server. Even if i were able to automate this restart (cron or dedicated plugin), this would lead to potential holes in my music sessions.

Thanks in advance for your feedback 

--

seb

Suggested posts