Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Songs Duplicated in Your Daily Drive Playlist

Multiple Songs Duplicated in Your Daily Drive Playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Computer, Mobile Phone

Operating System

Windows 7, Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

At least four tracks have been duplicated on the latest generation of my 'Your Daily Drive' playlist. When a duplicate is being played, the Web Player highlights its counterpart in the playlist as well (meaning it is not a case of being the same song, but different track. The track IDs were verified to be the same).

Web Player [Firefox] screenshot:

Spotify__Your_Daily_Drive__Duplicate_Songs_In_Generated_Playlist.png

5 Replies

Hey @Cyphadrus,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, does this happen only with the Web Player?

If the answer is "yes", would you mind clearing your browser's cache and, if that doesn't do the trick, following the steps in this support site article under Not working? to see if anything changes?

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how it goes and if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No, this happens across all platforms and devices. It is an issue with the automated generation of the playlist itself, not an issue with a client.

I have a similar issue.  I love the idea of My Daily Drive.  But the songs offered have been the same for over a week.  I have over 1000 songs in my favorite list for a reason. Mix it up a bit. The news seems to update, but songs...   I don't want the same offering every day.

Any update on this? I have the same issue and also have multiple "daily drive" playlists for some reason. This is across platforms (web, app, mobile iOS). Even when asking Alexa to play "daily drive on spotify", the wrong one plays. Screenshot attached of the repeated intro as an example.

Hey @Meltsie,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you try Logging out everywhere, as this will force sync your account with the servers.

You should also run a clean reinstall of your app, as per this device specific Guide. This will assure that all app data and old cache is cleared. Old and broken cache can sometimes cause issues like this.

If that doesn't make a difference, make sure that Private session is disabled and that you switch Car mode on when in the car.

Regarding Alexa picking the wrong playlist, it'd be great if you head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and provide the requested info there. This will help our developers who are looking into it.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts