Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

**Multiroom Spotify Remoteless**

**Multiroom Spotify Remoteless**

Hi. It will be great if you can help set up upgarde to my multiroom sound setup.

I currently have a PC running 24/7 using the Apple remote app for multiroom control of itunes on the PC simulteniously sharing to other applt tv's and airport express.  Its a great stable setup.

Im now loving spotify and would like to do the same.

I have made some head way having read the odd article, but have hit a stubling block!

Upto now I have;

a spotify account, (not yet premiuim) that I have the latest apps on the ipad iphone and download to the said PC

All working with the use of spotify connect.

Following more reading, I have intsalled the remotless app to ipad and Downloaded Remoteless Helper along with Airfoil. 

I can get some parts working but its addhok! eg;

Starting with all apps and programmes closed-

open remotelss app

- connects to PC ok

- click 'start Spotify' - spotify opens on PC but as per photo attached, the time circle scrolls for ever.

- click 'Airloil'   - Airfil oopens on the PC showing all Air speakers connected.

At this point i dont have any further remoteless control unless;

If on the PC I play a tune on the PC spotify then the remoteless app can control the various speakers on/off & volumes.

All this time the remoteless app displays as the photo above whereby spotify isnt starting properly.

any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Matt

PS.

Also;

Airfoil seems to crash.

The iphone/pad comes up with  

-------------------------------------------- Crash occured in Airfoil 3.6.5 at 26/03/2015 22:21:06: System.ArgumentException OS Info: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64bit (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1) ------------- exception level 0 ------------- Message: Value does not fall within the expected range. Source Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.Buffer.Write(Int32 bufferStartingLocation, Array data, LockFlag flag)    at RogueAmoeba.AirTunes.LocalAudioPlayer.FillBuffer()    at RogueAmoeba.AirTunes.LocalAudioPlayer.AudioRunThread()    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() Target Site: Void Write(Int32, System.Array, Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.LockFlag) ----end exception---- -------- end dump --------

AND  AirfoilSpeakers seems to crash;

--------------------------------------------

Crash occured in AirfoilSpeakers 3.6.5 at 26/03/2015 23:36:17: System.ObjectDisposedException

OS Info: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64bit (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)

------------- exception level 0 -------------

Safe handle has been closed

Source

mscorlib

Stack Trace:

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean& success)

at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.SafeHandleAddRef(SafeHandle pHandle, Boolean& success)

at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)

at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()

at RogueAmoeba.AirTunes.Server.UdpConnection.RunThread()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Target Site:

Void DangerousAddRef(Boolean ByRef)

----end exception----

-------- end dump --------

Remoteless.PNG
2 Replies

Is anyone having sucess Using Remoteless with Spotify and Airfoil for multiroom sound ?

Would you share how you have it set up and is that anydifferent to how I am trying to get muliroom to work?

Look forward to your ideas.

Cheers   Matt

I have exactly the same trouble  with remoteless - does not work -  same as your attachment -keeps spinning -

I bought the remote app a few days ago  but nothing   works- I do not know what is wrong -

I am 72 years old - maybe I forgot something -  If  hope spotify t helps me 

Julius

Suggested posts