Country

India

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Hi!

I have activated free 1 month trial for Spotify Premium to try it out. I have been using Gaana Plus for long but I think Spotify is better and I was thinking about switching. But when I was adding all the tracks (the tracks I used to play in Gaana) in my Spotify library I noticed that tracks from Charlie Puth are unplayable. When I search for the artist I can find him on Spotify but there are no tracks available in the list. Only covers from different artists for his tracks are there. I could play them in Gaana but why those tracks are unavailable in Spotify India? This is a letdown cause I love his tracks. I would like to know if there is anything I could do to play those tracks in Spotify cause I can see those tracks in a playlist but can't play them and that's a bummer for me. And I am just in the 2nd day of my Spotify Premium trial.

Edit:- I have been adding all my favourite songs and I found many of them (also from other artists like Nicki Minaj, David Guetta) are missing (Unplayable state) in Spotify. I don't know wheather it's a licencing or device certification issue or not.I am having most of my issues with English (some Indian tracks too) tracks. I don't think Spotify Premium will worth the high price (double the price of Gaana Plus) with all missing (unplayable) tracks. I hope Spotify can soon add them.

unnamed.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again, @RockStar8

I know it's disappointing, but the only reason that make your favorite songs unvailable just in India is that some artists and tracks are not yet available (or are in one country but not in another).

There are some possible reasons for this. It may be that we have not yet reached an agreement with the artist or the label, or that copyright ownership has been transferred.

Spotify had been available in India just a few days ago, so it's completely normal that issues like those appear for now. I know it is unsatisfactory, but I ask for your patience, because as soon as possible, everything will be in your place...

Spotify is working to make possible that you have the best sound experience in India, just like what already happens in other countries.

If you have any other questions or need some help, contact us here and we'll help you!

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey, @RockStar8

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your question, first I suggest that you take a look on this article below and follow the steps showed on its:

But if you cannot solve your problem following the steps above, probably this artist isn't available in your country yet, for any reason. It can be because availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders. 

The good news is: We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can't find something you're looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon, so please check back! 

If you have any other doubts or need some help, please contact us here and we'll find a solution for you.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

I have tried "Cant play spotify" section but it didn't help me. I have tried to play those tracks in my Windows 10 PC using web player and Spotify app but I couldn't find those tracks there too. Enabling "show unavailable songs in playlists" makes those tracks appear in an unplayable format. I could download or add them to my library from there but can't play them.

And about the artist not being available in my country. It's not about just an specific artist. There are some specific tracks from some artists which are unplayable too. But other tracks from those artists are playable. Those artists and tracks are also avialbale in all other music service providers (Gaana, Savan etc.) in my country. So, for the time being Spotify is kind of unreliable for me because of those issues. 

I would love to hear some sort of clear answer about this issue as I love using spotify but I couldn't continue to use it because of those issues. Thank you for providing your time to help me out.

Best Regards.

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

Hey again, @RockStar8

I know it's disappointing, but the only reason that make your favorite songs unvailable just in India is that some artists and tracks are not yet available (or are in one country but not in another).

There are some possible reasons for this. It may be that we have not yet reached an agreement with the artist or the label, or that copyright ownership has been transferred.

Spotify had been available in India just a few days ago, so it's completely normal that issues like those appear for now. I know it is unsatisfactory, but I ask for your patience, because as soon as possible, everything will be in your place...

Spotify is working to make possible that you have the best sound experience in India, just like what already happens in other countries.

If you have any other questions or need some help, contact us here and we'll help you!

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

Thanks a lot!! I hope this issue resolves soon!

Suggested posts