Music became unplayable?

Solved!

Music became unplayable?

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

Netherlands

Device

Dell Latitude E6420 (2011?), Motorola Moto G6 Plus (2018)

Operating System

Windows 10, Android Pie

My Question or Issue

For a couple of months now, about an album has been unplayable on my Spotify account. When I double click the songs, the album picture and song bar appear for a split second, and then the error message 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it' shows, and playback stops. This happens on both the application and the web player. The album has also become impossible to find, except for clicking the links on the songs from my playlist. None of the songs on the album show up in Search, nor are they on the artist page. On my phone, the songs don't show at all. I can play the songs on the album that have a different version available (Singles and EPs), and directly from this album too.

I've found similar issues on this forum, but no one mentioned it as a cross-platform issue. I've also tried most of the solutions on said questions, like deleting Local Files, disabling hardware acceleration and favoriting the songs. None had any effect.

The album in question is 'Our Love to Admire' by Interpol. The unplayable songs are 1-3, 7, 9, and 11. 

I've had this problem since at around June, and I liked being able to play the songs. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @193483 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify would love to have all the world’s music available to everyone. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Music availability depends on the artist/label, not Spotify.

You can find more information in this article: https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing/

Hope this helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @193483 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify would love to have all the world’s music available to everyone. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Music availability depends on the artist/label, not Spotify.

You can find more information in this article: https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing/

Hope this helps! 🙂

Suggested posts