Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music doesn't stop!

Solved!

Music doesn't stop!

In the past few days, I've noticed that when playing an album, the music doesn't stop when the album is over. The artist's next album will automatically start to play. I don't see anything in settings to correct this issue. What's going on here? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Guys @dgreen505@twiggy0718! Welcome to the community! ๐Ÿ™‚

It sounds like you guys are playing albums directly from the artist's page? If you want the music to stop you should open the album and play it from there ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope this helped! ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I've noticed the same thing on my spotify account and it is annoying.

Marked as solution

Hey Guys @dgreen505@twiggy0718! Welcome to the community! ๐Ÿ™‚

It sounds like you guys are playing albums directly from the artist's page? If you want the music to stop you should open the album and play it from there ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope this helped! ๐Ÿ™‚

I think you're right! Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey @dgreen505 and @twiggy0718!

When I first used Spotify I too wondered how this worked, but quickly discovered what @jean3601 has suggested is totally the way it works.

Play tunes from the artist page, and it will continually play through tracks, rolling over to the next album when one album finishes. Play your tunes directly from the album page, however, and you'll hear that album and that album only, just as you wanted. ๐Ÿ™‚

@jean3601 @kirashi

Nope. Wrong. Incorrect. I do play the albums themselves. I did however, through some investigation in my settings notice that I had the autoplay feature on which states (Keep on listening to similar tracks when your music ends i.e. end of album). That was the problem I was having. I never had it switched on to begin with, so it must have happened during a recent update or something. But nevertheless, I solved my problem. I appreciate your assistance in coming up with a possible solution.

Hey @twiggy0718! Great to hear you figured it out, and that it was something else entirely. I just looked, and my Spotify Windows/PC client doesn't yet have an option for autplay, so it must be something new they just rolled out to some accounts.

Sounds like a neat feature if you want it, but I certainly understand why you might want to disable it too. Glad you were able to sort it out. Keep on rockin'!

Suggested posts