Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music from split-up bands?

Solved!

Music from split-up bands?

Hello,

I wanted some clarification about this: if a band is split-up so no longer making music (like Dissection etc), is it still possible to request their music to be added on Spotify?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@AlfredoJuliano

Well that's not really what I meant. Spotify is working hard to let more music to be available every day.

There is a form for requesting missing albums here. However, filling it in won't really mean the album will be magically available soon. It will likely take some time and I believe contacting the artist / label about this might have faster results. 🙂

Please read this thread for more information.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I would have thought so. The record label probably owns the music and would still like to make their money.....

I'm curious to know how this work too, let's wait for someone answering to this

Hey @AlfredoJuliano

There is music from many no-longer-existing bands and artists on Spotify. In these cases I believe the labels or rightsholders have decided whether they want this content to be available for streaming, in which countries, and all that. In other words, agreements must be reached between them and Spotify to allow the content to be available on Spotify

This article explains it too.

You can try finding the artist's social media account and send them a question about their music and Spotify. The guys maintaining these accounts should know what's up and be able to give a good answer. 🙂
Or, if there's no account on social media, then there should be a separate webpage for this artist. There are always some contacts available.
Or if you know which label the artist is on, you can try asking them.

Let me know if there's anything else you want to ask. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

@Sebasty wrote:

Hey @AlfredoJuliano

There is music from many no-longer-existing bands and artists on Spotify. In these cases I believe the labels or rightsholders have decided whether they want this content to be available for streaming, in which countries, and all that. In other words, agreements must be reached between them and Spotify to allow the content to be available on Spotify

This article explains it too.

You can try finding the artist's social media account and send them a question about their music and Spotify. The guys maintaining these accounts should know what's up and be able to give a good answer. 🙂
Or, if there's no account on social media, then there should be a separate webpage for this artist. There are always some contacts available.
Or if you know which label the artist is on, you can try asking them.

Let me know if there's anything else you want to ask. 🙂

Thank you for your reply first,
So to clarify: in order to make some music from non longer existing bands to be added, we have to try to contact the artist/label and not request it to Spotify since it's not their direct interest, is that right?

Marked as solution

@AlfredoJuliano

Well that's not really what I meant. Spotify is working hard to let more music to be available every day.

There is a form for requesting missing albums here. However, filling it in won't really mean the album will be magically available soon. It will likely take some time and I believe contacting the artist / label about this might have faster results. 🙂

Please read this thread for more information.

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts