Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music pauses after a set amount of time when I'm listening offline

Solved!

Music pauses after a set amount of time when I'm listening offline

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy A40 and Huawei Y6 2017

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

When I'm listening to music offline on my phone, it sometimes pauses after a set amount of time. It doesn't crash, just pauses. I don't know how long it takes, but I'm fairly certain it's on a timer since it always happens at around the same point on my way back from school. I think it always happens at around 10 minutes in. I've tried everything, redownloading the app, logging out everywhere, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know a solution?

Some weird notable information:
-It only occurs when I'm travelling back, not to school.

-When I'm offline but I'm not travelling, it only sometimes occurs. Like today, it happened twice in a row, then not for an hour.

-It happened on both my old phone (Huawei), where i thought the problem was because the phone was fairly old and that great quality, but it also happens on my new Samsung

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

I already tried all the things you suggested earlier and unfortunataly they all didn't work.

However, I do seem to have fixed it by always listening in offline mode and when I continue listening, not just pressing the play button where I left off, but actually selecting that song from my playlist I was listening to.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there @deJessias!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

We can recommend that you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

If that's not causing the issue, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

I already tried all the things you suggested earlier and unfortunataly they all didn't work.

However, I do seem to have fixed it by always listening in offline mode and when I continue listening, not just pressing the play button where I left off, but actually selecting that song from my playlist I was listening to.

Suggested posts