Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music pausing on Samsung TV after 1 second

Music pausing on Samsung TV after 1 second

Been listening to spotify on my Samsung smart tv (UN49KU7000F) for months with no problem, now all of a sudden it's pausing every second. Press play and pauses again after one second. 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, signing out of all devices, restarting TV, unplugging TV, deleting other apps on TV in case I was out of memory, nothing works. 

Works fine on all my other devices though, I see it's happening to people with playstation too, could it be related to some update? 

35 Replies

Totally the same for me, did you get any update on this issue?

Nothing yet 😞

Same problem on Samsung UE55MU6172 (bought 2018). Tried everything possible. 

Spotify recommends 200-500MB free space. I have uninstalled every single app possible. There is not even 500MB free space total on latest smart tvs even if you uninstall everything. I see this as ABSOLUTE FAIL on Spotify side. Its a simple app for playing music for christ sake, the only reason it will eat all the memory in your device is POOR design. 

I was literally about to buy PREMIUM, but what is the point of buying premium if you cant do something as trivial as playing music on my new Tv? You can stream HD movies on Netflix or HBOgo without any problems, but booom, you turn on Spotify and primitive music needs at least 500Mb. 

same problem also for me , tried everything , samsung q6, 55. Its also impossible to remove app  only redownload, But do you think is a spotify problem or samsung problem  ? 

I'm leaning towards spotify because my tv hasn't done a software update in over 6 months (tried doing one to see if it would help) and spotify only just stopped working a few days ago. 

Thanks, you right, also my tv software as no update in the last month, and there are no update available ..  ok so its spotify i understand .

About spotify app i have the version. 1.5.3   date 25/1/2019

same problem on my girlfriend's Samsung smart TV (2018 model) since yesterday. Also tried everything you mentioned, to no effect.

When I tried logging in with my account, it worked. Logging in with my girlfriend's account again: problem still there.

Does anyone have the solution for this problem? The same keeps happening on my Samsung TV aswell. I did all resets, deleting and downloading and everything is up to date.

I'm having the same issues, pausing after 1-3 seconds of play.  This has been happening for the last 2-3 days.  I have tried uninstalling the app, logging online and "close spotify from everywhere" nothing works!!  Any help here from Spotify would be great.

SUHD TV Samsung 8 Series 8000 60"

UN60KS8000

Same here. Looks like an update issue as the spotify app was updated on 25/01 and has had the issue since. Hope they fix it soon. Deleting / reinstalling / logging off etc does nothing. =(

Did anyone get / see any official feedback from Spotify? Are they aware of this issue and working on it? That would be great at least to have this kind of information...

Same problem for me UN55KU6290F  all other apps Netflix. etc fine. Doesn't matter if I am playing Spotify from the app on the TV or if I am using Spotify on my phone on the the same Wifi network. It also the same problem using the TV app and if I am hardwired to the TV via Ethernet. 

I also have this problem as of today. I assume my tv updated overnight...

@Freshminttea wrote:

I also have this problem as of today. I assume my tv updated overnight...

^^

After research I found that this is a corrupt cash file on our TV’s. problem is we can’t access these files to delete them or relocate the file. Problem that Spotify and Samsung need to resolve. Unfortunately this might take time. 😩

I'm having this problem when using a non-premium. account, but no problem when I use a premium account. Anybody else experienced this?

My TV is also doing this as of today, Q6F 2018. As I was typing the message I got a notification for an update, will report back shortly.

Edit: still broken. TV version is 1202, spotify is 2.23.12-8723c97 . Also I tried logging out of everywhere.

Same problem on my TV Samsung UN40JU6400. I unistalled the app. Installed it again and nothing. The app keep stopping after 1 sec on the player. It's not a problem of memory space  in TV. Please! Fix this version, Spotify. On the mobile, on the pc, you works fine.

Same problem on my Samsung UE55MU6400 after last firmware update (v. 1262) please fix it. Song Pausing every second.

Suggested posts