Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music randomly pauses, and than resumes playing after certain amount of time.

Solved!

Music randomly pauses, and than resumes playing after certain amount of time.

Plan
VIP
Device
Lenovo
Operating System
Ubuntu 18.04 

Spotify is the best! but sometimes, it sucks. My spotify player stops randomly in the middle of the song. Spotify thinks it continue to play (The pause/play button is displaying the "pause" option), but if I click pause, I cannot click play afterwards.  It just doesn't work.So what do I do? I refresh this page. After refresh, guess what, it starts working again! but it's not without strings attached, no, it doesn't remember when it was paused by the malicious bug, so I have to listen to a whole song like it's the first time hearing it today. Driving me crazy!

Please Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have switched ISP and router, and now the music works flawleslly.

worth it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Curve25519, help's arrived.

Let's try a couple of things. First, open the Web Player in an incognito window (and then a different browser) and see if the same thing happens. 

It's also a good idea to enable full functionality on the site settings. Check the settings of your browser to make sure everything looks alright and enabled, and nothing is blocked such as ads, redirects etc.

Also make sure that your browser is up-to-date, and reset the browser if necessary, but keep in mind that you may lose some data.

Make sure to check out any firewall settings so that Spotify is allowed as well.

Lastly, restart the router, and try switching network connections and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes, and send screenshots and more info such as your browser if it didn't work out for you.

All the best! 🙂

Marked as solution

I have switched ISP and router, and now the music works flawleslly.

worth it.

Hey @Curve25519.

Whoop! Great news - glad to hear that worked for you.

Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here if you need us.

Take care 🙂

spotify:track:7BfSU2ya7PZtqrl48urKqG

Suggested posts