Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music won't play on my computer

Music won't play on my computer

So everything is working perfectly on my phone but when I try to use Spotify on my computer (with the app closed on my phone) an error message pops up. The message reads "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I tried deleting and reinstalling, logging in and out, and deleting local cache files. Nothing works.

5 Replies

Hey @maczee822,

Thanks for posting in the Community. We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

We understand that you're having troubles with the desktop app. Kudos for your initial troubleshooting efforts! Make sure your PC is not blocking the app's access to the internet via a firewall or another security software. If you have such a program installed, just make sure Spotify is excluded from it's blocking activities. 

If the above doesn't help, then it could be worthwhile to perform once more a so called clean reinstall of the app. You can follow these steps here which will ensure that no previously cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same happens on my PC now. Tried to relog and fully reinstall for 10 times already!

I tried removing firewalls, of which I have none, and then I tried your other suggestion. Unfortunately, it's still not working. Podcasts aren't working either. The strangest thing is that everything is normal on my phone.

In my case installing a new driver for audio card resolved the problem. May be it will help you too, @maczee822

Hey @maczee822,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here.

Sorry to hear the issue still persists for you. Maybe you can check out the solution proposed to you by @BankaYagi and see if updating your audio card drivers will make the app work as expected. 

Also it's worthwhile to check out if you haven't accidentally switched on the Offline mode for your desktop app.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts