Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Content On Spotify

Solved!

My Content On Spotify

When I search "dusty futon" on Spotify, I find two "songs" in the search results.  One of them is the very first ever recording of the Dusty Futon podcast and the other is an episode from last year.  

My current podcast hosting service has informed me that the content was not loaded by them, so I'm wondering where the content is sourced from and how do I remove them from spotify.

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.51.07 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BigJonSD

I can't seem to find them on Spotify.

The arrow on both tracks indicate that they are downloads. Local files, in other news.

Local files do not get uploaded to Spotify servers. If you add a local file to the playlist, other users may see them, but they can't play them (unless they have a file with matching tags themselves). Otherwise they remain hidden.

So good news is - your content is safe and Search is just showing you the content you have in your local files! 🙂

Hope this helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @BigJonSD

I can't seem to find them on Spotify.

The arrow on both tracks indicate that they are downloads. Local files, in other news.

Local files do not get uploaded to Spotify servers. If you add a local file to the playlist, other users may see them, but they can't play them (unless they have a file with matching tags themselves). Otherwise they remain hidden.

So good news is - your content is safe and Search is just showing you the content you have in your local files! 🙂

Hope this helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for that!  I'm certain that's what it is...

My hosting service reached out and confirmed your opinion.  Thank you!

Suggested posts