Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify has trouble downloading music on to Windows 8 Phone

My Spotify has trouble downloading music on to Windows 8 Phone

Hi, I downloaded Spotify on to my SD card through my laptop so I could have more space to download tracks and have more playlists, etc.

But lately it won't download much music, or any at all. I have to make some playlists unavailable offline, for others to download properly, then make the original ones available offline again to work. I have loads and loads of free storage on my SD card and I don't think Spotify is actually downloading music to my SD card. In storage check, it says Spotify has used 1.4GB on my phone, even though the app is on my SD card. Can anyone help me and make Spotify download songs to my SD card?

3 Replies

Hello. Microsoft does not allow third party applications to write to the external SD card in WP8, they have to use internal storage. There is currently no way to get around this I'm afraid.

I was told before if I download it to my SD card, then the music would download on to it also

No idea who told you that because it's wrong. Microsoft clearly state that "Direct access to the SD card is read-only..."

Suggested posts