Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Year in Music social link doesn't work

My Year in Music social link doesn't work

I was able to get my personalized Year in Music page to load up (took a while), but the link it gives me for social sharing (Facebook, Twitter, etc) just forwards me back to the general Year in Music page, even in incognito mode. I can't share my personalized page.

Anyone else having this problem?

24 Replies

Hey there,

Spotify is aware of this bug and is looking into it. Please be a little patient, it will be fixed soon!

Excellent! Just happy to know it's being looked into.

The Spotify Team did a fantastic job on this, by the way. The "Pay if Forward" playlist it made for me is amazing!

Glad to know it's not just me. It is a really cool feature. I wish we had access to these stats all the time!
Favorite bands: Keane, Two Door Cinema Club, Muse, Needtobreathe

it looks like they've made some updates, and they've actually started promoting it on their facebook and stuff... but now for me it's even more broken before. nothing loads up at all, I just get some page saying to come back later.

i've been excited about this all week, but i've got to say it has been a pretty solidly botched rollout this year. hopefully they can get it fixed soon.

Some problem here. Cannot share it.

Got this link: http://spoti.fi/1yxeAlH

and when I click on it, I have this:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>02708ECD0BD66879</RequestId>
<HostId>
flmnkK7lbGu+3dPNCI99xaGidnHVm/WWVbYgjAnV/kcXG4nU5bgJlrKUJxVi6RPqM2w5YHiCZt0=
</HostId>
</Error>"

Hope it will be resolved soon!

Anyway, I am more than happy with the "my year in music", the playlists are amazing!

Wow, I feel a little bit sad that this has not been fixed yet. Can someone give us an update?  Now I feel a little bit stupid posting in all networks invalid links...  And now I realized the links did not work at all.

Sometimes I get an xml, sometimes I get an error of invalid or forbidden access, and sometimes I just get the spotify year in music home page.

http://spoti.fi/1IGFaMs

I was told this would be fixed soon.

I'll give you guys an update when I hear more info.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same with me - just, come back later. Which is a shame as this would be really interesting.

It has been over a week since I posted this and the social sharing links are still not working. I even talked with SpotifyCares on Facebook and they took my information to "look into it". Still nothing.

Really disapointed in Spotify for botching this so badly. It's such a cool feature, but if I can't share it with friends what is the point? Why would they even launch a completely broken product like this? Just thinking of the wasted potential for word of mouth this would spread if people could actually share it disappoints me.

At this point I'm just giving up on the prospect of it ever being fixed. Maybe next year, Spotify.

My list doesn't generate in the first place.

My year in music link doesn't work either. There's just a black screen with the Spotify logo on the centre. What can I do? Just wait?

I'm writing from Italy and I have the same problem, when I click on the Year in Music share button (for facebook) it bring me to the Year in Music homepage link...

Any news on this topic?

It´s been two weeks...

If I was a Spotify business/marketing manager I would be furious with the development team for screwing this up so badly. As far as I can tell they are totally oblivious.

I'm experiening the same issue. Tried both Chrome and Firefox (and Android version of Chrome). Can't create the playlist via the e-mail I received regaring My Year in Music.

I was so excited to see what they had in mind for me music wise for 2015 with the cool generated playlist, but I'm sad to say the link isn't working for me either. When mousing over it just says javascript; which indicates there should be something more there.

Hello!

I've been having trouble with the Year in Music thingy myself and was looking for answers here.

My problem was that I got into the "Year in Music" page and everything, but Spotify claims that I haven't been a member long enough to make the Year in Music summary...I've been a premium member since 2010, so that's bull**bleep** 😄 I've only tried to get the summary using the Chrome web browser. But then I remembered that sometimes web pages don't have the same compatibility for Chrome as for Internet Explorer. 

My fix was simply:

Open the mail you got in Internet Explorer or go to the year in music page with Internet Explorer and follow the steps there. And then you will get your Year in Music!

Hope this helps 🙂

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hi, Im from Argentina and have the same problem with the link when I share it.

By the way, the last picture in my "Year in Music" review never load. I´ve tried using Firefox and Chrome and it´s always the same. I´ve looking for a default block on my browsers but nothing.

(A screenshot of the problem is attached)

Screen Shot 2014-12-25 at 10.39.26 PM.png

New Years Day and I'm seeing the same blank page as above, almost a month with no fix?

Suggested posts