Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account information has been leaked twice

My account information has been leaked twice

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Last week, for the second time since I'm a premium subscriptor of this app, my information has find it's way to other users and most likely sold for a profit. Two times already I've had to change my login information and feared my payment information has been leaked too. Last time I decided to pay particular attention on how I used my app. I have changed my password to a very strong 15 multi-character password, only used the app on public networks while using a VPN, not shared my password or device with anyone and still, *somehow* i got someone using my account without my permision. Last time, they even changed my plan to a family plan in order to sell it to more people and Spotify allowed them to do this without even asking for my security code for they payment. Which, in my opinion, is a MAJOR infringment on Spotify's behalf. How can it be that this happend twice already? How is it possible that Spotify allowed them to change the plan without requesting further confirmation/info to do so? I'm sure I'm not the only person that experienced this. I'd like to hear more testimonies on the subject and I'm demanding serious compensation other than the miserable one month free of charge I got offered when I told them what happened. My information is far more valuable than a 1-month subscription. Someone inside the company is compromising user information or Spotify is committing negligence by having poor security. One or the other, I took every precaution necessary so this wouldn't repeat after that first event and still, it happened again.  

0 Replies

Suggested posts