Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My phone Spotify App and Computer Desktop Spotify App will not stay synced

My phone Spotify App and Computer Desktop Spotify App will not stay synced

I am having an issue where Spotify will not stay connected between my computer and phone app to control playback on the computer from my phone. This was working until I updated sportif.

My computer says I am connected and I can see the cell phone. I can even switch to it from the Spotify app but the sound will not come out of my phone. I can also play on my phone and switch to the desktop app. It will play on the desktop app but the phone does not show the same track that is playing on the desktop app. Once it starts playing on the desktop app (and the cellphone app says it is playing on the computer) I can't advance tracks or anything else.

I have went through all the fixes that are listed here. https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/
1 Reply

Hey @idehm0lotvoonnd,

Thanks for reaching out and thank you for the detailed description of your issue.

The link to the FAQ page you've checked is not valid though, can you please double check it and send us the correct one, so we know what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Also, can you please share your OS version and Spotify version and (if possible) send us a video or a few screenshots of how things look on your end.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts